The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Block off Cord routine for children (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Block off cord is one trick you don't see performed that much anymore for children. I would like to hear from anyone who are using it at present.
Buck Macleod who made most of my props from plastic using a 3D Printer made a block for me 2 and a half inches square.
I'm presently working out a routine for children.
Tricky Ricky
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I believe it was Supreme--at least an English seller--who provided Billy Block Head to the fraternity.

His block had a face and a body. I don't know about the story.

Julie
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Hey Ricky,

You mighty want to check with Quentin Reynolds, as I believe he used to perform this effect as part of his regular children's show.

I always thought it was just as okay effect.

That said, maybe a killer presentation would convince me otherwise.

Gerry
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hello there Julie and Jerry.
Thanks for chiming in. Yes, the block off cord is a simple straight penetration or escape effect, to present it for children needs a bit of creativeness. I'm presently working on a routine.
My original block is from Supreme Magic, but I now have another one made by Buck Macleod as I've posted earlier, I did have Supreme Billy Blockhead some years ago, but I sold it.
Wishing the Café members all the best in health and wealth for 2019. Hope you all get lots of bookings.
Tricky Ricky
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ricky...Did my book ever get to your mailbox??? I haven't heard from you since October.

The (very) late Harold Sterling had a nice routine for the block off cord. If you're interested, lemme know, and, I'll try to find it.

O
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi Dick.
Yes, I did get the book. Sorry for not replying.
What a book! You've been through a life time of performing and meeting people.
I was away for a while an I took the book with me although a bit weighty it was worth carrying it in my luggage.
Yes, I'd be very interested in Harold Sterling's routine.
All the best to you for the coming year --stay healthy .
Ricky
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I can't get into my storage facility~ SN0W~~~!
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
Ricky...Did my book ever get to your mailbox??? I haven't heard from you since October.

The (very) late Harold Sterling had a nice routine for the block off cord. If you're interested, lemme know, and, I'll try to find it.

O

The vanishing method you apply in your 20th century silk routine is the same one I've been using for many years. It comes from my pocket and goes to the pocket when I get some magic salt and pepper.
At present, I'm attempting to get all the material for you multiplying ball routine.
Ricky
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:

O

I tried to contact Frank Radtke's son using the phone number in your book the information (no such number) Do you know of any other supplier of Ball O Matic?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I bought my first set from Frances Marshall, in the '50s! When it wore out, I made a set from four practice golf balls, and, a hunk of coat hanger wire. I suspect that young Radtke changed his number!
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Thinking of a pirate theme. A block of gold is tied. Pirates wants to steal them. Only magic can release the block of gold.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Block off Cord routine for children (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL