The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » My first live performance! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Hambini
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of The Great Hambini
I have been following magic from a distance for years. Thanks to sitting at home for several months on industrial leave, I decided to check off a bucket list item and give a show to close friends and family. I thought I would share it with you all to say thanks for allowing a wannabe magician like me into the Magic Café. Please remember, before you watch it, there is a 2 drink minimum! (If the link doesn't work below, just type in, "Hambini the great" in Youtube and it will pop right up.

If you have ideas or suggestions, I welcome them all. However, keep in mind, I have no desire to make this my new career. Just enjoy seeing close friends laugh and smile.

https://youtu.be/rYrilOjZ6to
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Fun. Well done. Made me laugh, too.
The Great Hambini
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of The Great Hambini
Thank you Ron. I hope you followed the 2 drink minimum before watching! LOL..
Josepher
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of Josepher
I enjoyed it. The drinks might have helped.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
It was very entertaining, no refund needed.

If I was to critique for future performances, even for friends, here is what I would do differently.

Put the dog away prior to show.
Use a fixed camera on tripod, maybe in center back. If you want audience view, have a second camera and edit.
Have a second person in charge of queuing music and lights.
Be aware of camera and not have back to it.
Do not leave the camera view once in it.
I would probably shorten the skit to 30 minutes.
Lastly, review what jokes the audience liked and disliked.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
I liked it! Made me laugh and that is not easy to do! Just clean up what TomB suggested.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Well done! Very funny.
Luke Wolf
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Luke Wolf
Very nice one! I would recommend you keep recording your show and asking for advice from close, knowledgeable people who will be able to provide feedback. Once every ten or twenty shows, I go for such feedbacks myself.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Great Job! thanks for putting smile on my face! Stay safe.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
dustrod
View Profile
Loyal user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
233 Posts

Profile of dustrod
Great job
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
150 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I find friends and family to be my toughest audiences. And you went 52 minutes on your first performance?? Talk about a baptism by fire. Great job, mate.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
That was awesome! I just happened to be drinking my own concoction homemade brewed lemonade which tastes a bit like alcoholic kombucha. I really enjoyed both.

What was the changing card in the picture frame?

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Never mind on the picture frame. I remembered I made one years ago. I really liked that routine, amongst others. I'm thinking that a nice additional touch would be to try to convince people to imagine it is the right card.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Nice one, well done
Just to back up already said, keep shows to about 25-30 mins or so..quality not quantity, your best effects etc, liked your finale
don't turn your back to crowd etc but that's an easy fix..
Good humour, enjoyed it, keep going and good luck..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » My first live performance! (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL