The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Is there anyone here performing in Comedy Clubs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Title says it all.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I guess not or they are too busy to answer1
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Haha! Yes, I still do some comedy clubs throughout the year. Mostly PU dates while I'm on the road or as some clubs want to book me for a weekend or special one night only event. Personally, as someone who typically performs larger venues and theaters, it allows me to go back to my earlier days with a more intimate audience.

I am also able to offer them a no/low-risk pricing opportunity so it almost makes it a no-brainer as I come with press and media usually picking up my show as well, so it's of great value to the club.

Now I should say I do this with my hypnosis show, so it is really cool for the audience to see real live hypnosis up close right before their very eyes. For me (even though there are some challenges over regular theater shows) it takes me back to the '80s and 90's when many of us toured comedy clubs nationwide.

Some clubs I am the entire show (all three slots), others have an opener/mc and myself. These are great for comedy magicians to open for me as well. Still a lot of fun.

I love your area there as we always had a strong tourist turnout. They're (tourists) on vacation so they like to do things that they normally wouldn't do back home - and a comedy hypnosis show at a coastal comedy club if promoted properly is perfect.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks MIndpro. Don't forget when you need an opening act who to call.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
...Oh, I won't forget!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Yes me
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
LOL
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Ha! I was actually just answering the original question.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Have done many shows at the local comedy club,my photo at the side is doing silk to egg at the club..
great place to fine tune short comedy routines 6-7 mins,comedy club audiences soon let you know if the routine gonna work or not!!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Oh yeah they do!
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
I love working comedy clubs.

I've had a show called "The Mastermind Show" playing at the Loony Bin Comedy Club for the last two years. It plays the first Saturday of every month to sold out crowds. A 75-minute, comedy mentalism show. Just did five early morning TV spots to promote the show a little more. Mind you, these spots began at 6:30 a.m. and like most of us, I'm a "night owl." I was VERY, very tired and the interviewer kid was highly wound up...

If you care to take a look at those, you can find them here.

https://curtisthementalist.com/curtis-th......h-12-tv/

I also have a separate website just for the show alone, located here: https://mastermindshowwichita.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Is there anyone here performing in Comedy Clubs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL