The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My Christmas verson of Card in Bottle (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mengst
View Profile
New user
Northern CA
74 Posts

Profile of mengst
Hello!
I made a Christmas version of Robert Harbin's Card in Bottle (and the table used to present the trick). I was shopping around for a bottle and nesting boxes to make the trick with, and stumbled upon these items at the dollar store. So I decided to make it a Christmas themed trick.
I'm a hobbyist, not a pro, and I don't have a polished routine yet, but I wanted to show what I came up with.

click here

Mike Engstrom
SaltyDog
View Profile
New user
Australia
25 Posts

Profile of SaltyDog
Well Done Sir! You have done a great job with the Boxes and Baubles. You have inspired me to make one up for myself.
Cheers
Col
mengst
View Profile
New user
Northern CA
74 Posts

Profile of mengst
Col,
I appreciate the kind words, thank you!

Happy New Year!
Mike
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Good job, Mike. Clever twist.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mengst
View Profile
New user
Northern CA
74 Posts

Profile of mengst
Thank you, Michael Baker!
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Great job, I like your method and presentation. A few years back I made a handful of an idea I had with this...you can perform this version away from all tables, even in your lap if you wish...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMnWRBmPvM
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Nice variation, Chuck.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
Very nice variations both! This is a timely thread for me. I just made a set of 3 with clearance paper boxes on holiday closeout from a local hobby store! I have $8.50 in a set of three boxes that are 8X8", 6X6 and 4X4. They were easy to gimmick because the were paper board. Just an X-acto knife and a pencil. Also, this set is very quiet because of the material choice. I just submit this for any other hobbyists who would like to build their own set and use any type of vanish they may already own or know how to do.
I plan to use the r****e box for the vanish and a Lip******t box I have had forever as the final production prop. There is a great Gospel routine by Duane Laflin on his "Grand Magical Ministry" DVD using this method that is going into my next show.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Vanish a silk and make it appear in the ornament when performing for children instead of a card. Use Magician's c****e to choose a particular silk color or print. Easier to load too.
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
I enjoyed your presentation on the YouTube posting. Well done!
mengst
View Profile
New user
Northern CA
74 Posts

Profile of mengst
Thank you! I appreciate the comments.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My Christmas verson of Card in Bottle (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL