The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Uses for Muscle Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
If you are being mugged you can hit them in the eye with a muscle passed coin and then give them a good swift kick in the...
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Larry,
Great idea! How do you think that this special technique could be worked into my close-up show? Maybe if there was a heckler in the audience, then it might be aplicable. Get them up on stage and then continue to perform the NMP (Ninja Muscle Pass).
On the other hand maybe an equally rediculous suggestion, would be to practice trying to MP coins into a drinks machine (as in the bit where the coins go in)...I think that would take considerable practice. For now I think I will just make do with firing into the purse!
owen
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Owen,
You should write a book about your ideas. I would entitle it "Coins As Weapons"
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Larry,
Good title, maybe we should get Ricky Jay to write it, as the sequal to his book "Cards as Weapons"!
Owen
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Shoot uses it to produce a coin from just the empty coin-purse frame when he's doing that routine.

R. Paul Wilson uses it in a coin through table routine.
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
There are some great ways to use the coins to transfer a coin from hand to hand invisibly. (Shoot's Coins to glass routine)

A friend of mine has come up with a nice application but he hasn't worked out the kinks yet, so I can't spill the beans, but he has come up with some cool ideas with these move. and from a card guy no less. Smile
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
"Coins as weapons" That is actually the title of my last set of notes to come out a few months ago. ***, I thought that I was being clever.
C
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-06-09 18:22, Spydur wrote:
"Coins as weapons" That is actually the title of my last set of notes to come out a few months ago. ***, I thought that I was being clever.
C

You were. Great minds think alike.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just back from Dean Dill's Shoppe where Shoot did over an hour of stuff... many many killer items, many using the muscle pass in totally untraditional ways.

Really magical stuff.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think I need a haircut.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
With maybe a dozen magician's watching Shoot... NOBODY was interested in a hair cut.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I do a french Drop to get the Coin in position, then as they look at the empty hand I use the MP to send the coin into a topit for complete vanish. MP = less handmovement + more accurate! worth a try.
in Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Steve,
didn't know that you did the MP...
Owen
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2004-06-11 12:03, Steve Dela wrote:
I do a french Drop to get the Coin in position, then as they look at the empty hand I use the MP to send the coin into a topit for complete vanish. MP = less handmovement + more accurate! worth a try.
in Magic
Steve Dela

This very closely resembles the "reason" my mentor taught me to use the MP. Very effective and he does it well... I do not use a topit, but love the move regardless.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Hi Owen, I didn't do the muscle pass untill I saw you do it and I thought I should learn just for the hell of it!, I can't do it very well upwards but can do it great sidewards!
hope all is well mate?
all the best
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Steve,
Good to see that I have inspired someone...Check out an idea I posted in the Triple Dare forum, I would like to see what you think.
When I next see you maybe we can do some sort of joint muscle pass sort of routine!

To the rest of you...Do you know any two person muscle pass routines?
Owen

I have had quite a few ideas using the muscle pass, in the majority of them the MP is used as a secret move as opposed to an open aplication, where the spectator's see the coin(s) flying.
Several of them are ideas for the Jardine Ellis ring.
If you would like to know about the ring ideas, PM me!
Owen
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
This is great! The MP actually being talked about and used how Buckley described its use. It was so nonchalant in his P&D book.

~Craig
luismagic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of luismagic
James Cielen create the muscle click pass shortly after Cornelius made a “coin fall up.” Cielen uses it for his coin across routine. You can see his routine on “Coin Classics 2.”

The MP is used for vanishing, producing and loading. What an incredible versatile weapon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Uses for Muscle Pass (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL