The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lee Earle LIVE ACT 3 February 2019 (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
What will he teach?

Corporate Banquet ACT:

Talking opener

No Brainer Bags - lie detection premise; 5 participants on the platform

Manila Miracle- Bank Nite without the sting

Deja Vuing - a ‘soft’ prediction of today’s newspaper

EZ Q&A - Question & Answer with callbacks

Who is he?
Depending upon your point of view, Lee Earle is either Mentalism’s Johnny Appleseed, Pied Piper or Don Quixote. Lee refuses to applaud mediocrity. He rails at it. In his earlier magical incarnation, he convinced the Arizona driver licensing authorities that his middle name was the “Five of Spades” so that he could include it on his license and use it for card revelations. Lee has the temerity to comment on the magic condition without apology. To some, Lee reminds of a red-headed Max Maven or a beardless Eugene Burger. Each would be offended by the comparisons.

Intelligent, quick of wit and facile of tongue, Lee preaches his gospel of the moment to anyone within earshot. His distinctive Woody Woodpecker laugh and crackling voice seldom need amplification. Many throughout the world who have heard Lee’s staccato presentations, delivered with the evangelistic fervor of a recent convert, have traded their magic props for the simpler impedimenta of the seemingly propless mentalist. Others have shaken their heads and returned to the familiar platform comfort of chrome and flock. But few are untouched in some way by this energetic advocate.

Lee’s creativity is the product of an encyclopedic knowledge of pragmatic magical information, a vivid and irreverent imagination and a working performer’s sense of what will play. He is a magical chef, best at combining a series of ingredients and spicing the recipe in unusual ways. The result is usually an imaginative and baffling dish of entertainment.

Lee is energetic and prolific. He has published “First Impressions,” “On Second Thought,” “Melange A Trois,” “Mnemonics for Psychic Entertainers,” “Super Dupery,” “Making Manifestations,” “The Classic Reading,” and two multiple audio tape packages, “Manifestations... the Ultimate Seance” and “Money Making Mentalism.” His first instructional video tape was entitled “Lee Earle’s Center Tear Teach-In” followed closely by his video series, "Q & A Teach-In" and "Swami Gimmick Teach-In." Lee has also created a number of effects including the versatile Clone Pad series (including the original, Junior and Bantam), the Micro-Thin Clip Board, The Musing Box,L.E.X.I.C.O.N., SuperScript, Con-Bination, DIE-namite, Glass Lightning, Captured Credit and the Pre-Sho Pads.

Lee is perhaps most familiar as editor and publisher of “SYZYGY - The Journal of Contemporary Mentalism" for over 7 years. From among the hundreds of contributions by some of the worlds most famous Mentalists, his subscribers choose their favorites from each year's issues to become "SYZYGY's BEST!" a touring series of lectures which eventually became videos.

Earle has completed lecture tours, not only throughout the United States, but also across Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, England, and most of Europe, spreading his message across the Atlantic and Pacific. That he was well-received finds testimony in the fact that each tour was a product sell-out.

It does not require a crystal ball to be able to predict that Lee Earle will be an increasingly significant contributor to the world of psychic entertainment in the future and that he will leave a lasting heritage among legions of practitioners.

The mélange of Mentalism is the richer for the presence of Lee Earle.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11412
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
I really like Leed and I hope that he shows us his best this time because his last penguin lecture was a bit poor. Im specially interested in his Q&A act
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I was instantly disappointed that Penguin now do the Live Acts

As this would have been so much better under the old format

Then I realised I was disappointed because this is a lecture I am really looking forward to... it just made me wish for the format I preferred by a mile

Hmm... I also thought for a second that Lee Earle had done two Penguin Live Acts I'd somehow missed... until I realised it was on the 3rd

'Lee Earle LIVE ACT 3' February 2019
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Lee Earle is one of the greatest treasure in mentalism, and he is one of the most generous as well. I was fortunate enough to attend his lecture sometime last year ans he is such a brilliant performer and he touched my heart, not to mentioned he encourage my pursuit to continue the journey in performing mentalism to audiences.

I have no hesitation and recommend for anyone who want to learn mentalism for this soon release video.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
He and Larry Becker did some great things together. I still use one of their creations and have used others in the past.
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
I don't like this new format too. And I have access for all the lectures. Lee is one of the best thinkers and I hope that he will give some high level stuff.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, Psy wrote:
I really like Leed and I hope that he shows us his best this time because his last penguin lecture was a bit poor. Im specially interested in his Q&A act

You are in for a real treat. Lee's "EZ Q&A" is excellent. Years ago he put out a video on this, but I think it's been unavailable for some time.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
It will be interesting to see what new ideas Lee has added to his "EZ Q&A" since he last taught it on his Q&A Teach-In Volume 3 program. It's my understanding the concept was inspired by an original idea from Bruce Bernstein called "Emergency Q&A" and with Bernstein's permission, Lee evolved the concept, making some changes and additions and creating his EZ Q&A.

Lee taught one version of EZ Q&A on The Sunshine Boys program, then a further evolved version on Q&A Teach-In Volume 3.

For those not familiar, EZ Q&A is a business card question and answer routine that is really, really good, weaving multiple layers of deception.
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Lee was one of the entertainers that I brought to Dallas to entertain my financial planning clients (very wealthy folks, business owners, Federal Judges, doctors, lawyers, etc...- not easily persuaded or fooled in life) my closest friends (many magicians) and family members (who had seen a lot of magic). As I recall Lee's entire set of props was carried in his suit jacket and possibly one SMALL briefcase. He had them eating out of his hand all night.

Other entertainers I brought in for the same event in later years included Eugene Burger, Simon Lovell, Bill Goldman, Whit Hayden, Terry Lunceford, Bev Bergeron, Barry Mitchell, Bob White, Terry Lunceford, Tom Burgoon, Bob Sheets and others. ALL OF THEM did a fantastic job! But --- only 2 of the group had people STILL talking about their show a year later! One was Simon Lovell and the other was Lee Earle. They made that much of an impression!

Lee did 2 Lectures for me while he was here. Dallas and in Tyler Texas. The time we had together in the car on the way to and from places was great. Lee shared a lot of things that have served me very well all these years. I also learned one of the top marketing methods from him that I have EVER seen!

Thanks to my good friend, Kevin Derita, (pro magician and videographer) Lee and Larry Becker came to my home to record Larry's DVD's on Russian Roulette and "Larry Becker LIVE". Lee knows his stuff as a Director too. The dinner that night, after filming wrapped, found Lee doing some things around the room for our audience members. Many were seasoned magicians that thought they knew what he was doing to them..... until he turned left instead of right (as they were expecting) and he fried them!

Lee knows his craft very well and has a LOT to offer! He absolutely is someone you don't want to miss!

Best Wishes!
carl
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Great story, Carl. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm looking forward to Lee's lecture even more!
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Thanks for your note Stunninger! I have used Lee's lock combination trick MANY times and love it. His Q&A effect ROCKED the audience of mine he did it for as did his newspaper prediction. The newspaper prediction was his closer for his show for my clients. They talked about it for months! I don't do the Q&A effect but I do and I LOVE the newspaper prediction! You get a HUGE amount of mileage out of it and
N O B O D Y has EVER come close to guessing how you do it. It's ALWAYS my closer on shows that MUST really deliver the goods! Lee's no brainer bags are also a favorite of mine. A ton of great moments on stage with them and 5 guests!

Lee and Larry had some wonderful material and it's all A+++ as far as I'm concerned!

Carl
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
I've had the chance to watch this through twice since its release and it saddens me to say it was very average. I'm a massive Lee Earle fan, I think hes a great entertainer but this live lecture left me a bit flat. The best part was his talking opener which I enjoyed and can see it got the audience on side which is very important but I believe he spoke of this in his last penguin lecture. I enjoyed the pseudo psychometry effect, his presentation was very good and engaging, I usually find this plot quite boring but he did a good job at making it entertaining. As of the rest of effects I wasn't really into them, The bank night was rather standard in presentation and methodology although his views on it being a sucker effect I agree with, his attempt to remove the 'sucker' element was noble but it still exists in the presentation. Some of the other effects relied on p** s*** work which I'm not really a fan of. I can justify its use if the pay off is really strong but in this case I don't think the effects are worth the work. It was nice for penguin and Lee to included footage of the p** s***, that's the first lecture that I've seen it on and thought it was a nice touch, long may it continue.
I was really looking forward to his Q and A as I've heard quite good reviews of it, but the handling of the billets was a bit too much for me, I prefer slightly more hands off approach, you may like it but that's just me.
Overall I enjoyed the lecture, it was a treat to see Lee to perform. Effects wise I didn't really take much from it but it was good to get a chance to watch a real pro perform, even if a few things didn't go his way in performance, he handled it well. In my mind mind, that's what your paying for.
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
229 Posts

Profile of Christo
Referring to Carl's post.......Lee has finally tipped it!!

This effect is in Syzygy Vol 6 - yes there is a Vol 6, recently published and limited to 200 copies so you'll have to be quick. I won't tell you which it is cos this is such a good read that I'd be denying you that pleasure if you go for just this one effect. Like everything Lee does this is full of subtlties, engagingly written and worth the price of the book!

Enjoy, C Smile
"Humpty was pushed!!"
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
1. When will Larry get the invite for a Penguin lecture? The omission is striking.

2. First dealer demo for a discontinued item. Accordingly, some context would have been nice.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Wasn't his finest moment. I thought his first lecture was much better in terms of content and performance style. He certainly didn't have it all his own way in this show. The audience were a little 'tanked up' and it showed. In fairness to Lee, he handled it well. His 'prediction' effect went down like a lead balloon. It was clumsy and it wasn't helped because both participants were a little worse for wear. Either that or they just wanted to trip the performer up. Lee Earle is a professional with loads of mileage behind him. A lesser performer or someone with less experience would have fallen flat on their face with an audience like the one he performed for.

Little disappointing that the audience members who were giving 'trouble' were not part of the post show discussion.I am sure it would have made for interesting viewing to get lee's take on audience selection and how to handle a boisterous audience. None of this was spoken about in depth. That is where the real secrets are, forget about the effects. If you want to become a better performer you have to know these things.

Overall it was good without being great.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lee Earle LIVE ACT 3 February 2019 (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL