The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Scryer Files - Voume Two - Oracle - From A to Z (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar

Coming soon...

I know it’s way over due, but this project took a lot more work than I expected. Volume Two is also twice as long as volume one.

Volume Two covers:

A to Z readings and many routines involving this,
New effects,
In depth discussion on readings and oracle systems,
A to Z for Q & A
An in depth tutorial on Acidus Novus
Bonus material
And more...

Here is an early review Quote:

Pulsar’s video (The Scryer Files Volume 2) is a master class on delivering great readings!
It is rare for a performer to divulge the details of his performances and even rarer for a reader to do so.
I find his insights to be the key that most other readers completely miss.
Using our actual intuition and imagination to tell the stories of people’s lives is what elevates our readings from the mundane to the sublime.
In addition, Pulsar’s detailed explanation of his AN handling will certainly be an eye opener to almost every performer, even those that avoid readings.
Thanks for doing such a good job with this video.
-Millard Longman
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Looking forward to it!!

Great trailer Smile
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
Me Too Smile
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Pulsar’s video (The Scryer Files Volume 2) is a master class on delivering great readings!
It is rare for a performer to divulge the details of his performances and even rarer for a reader to do so.
I find his insights to be the key that most other readers completely miss.
Using our actual intuition and imagination to tell the stories of people’s lives is what elevates our readings from the mundane to the sublime.
In addition, Pulsar’s detailed explanation of his AN handling will certainly be an eye opener to almost every performer, even those that avoid readings.
Thanks for doing such a good job with this video.
-Millard Longman
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Thanks for all the support for this project! We are starting work on Volume 3...
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Honestly, I wasn't a fan of this at all. Firstly, I don't understand why stevensmagic bother mentioning you also get 3 PDFs. What is written in those PDFs could have been on 3-4 pages of 1 PDF. 2 of those PDFs are just a table of contents for the videos, and 1 of them contains the download links to the videos, and the same PDFs.

I understand the time and effort required to film and edit a project, especially without a team behind you (I used to shoot my own, weekly downloads) so I can see that a lot of work has gone into this, which I appreciate, but there are some random jump cuts in the editing which cut Matt off mid speech or mid thought. This is also the first I've seen of Matt. He is a likeable guy and his appearance and manner of speaking suits what he does. However, when it comes to the actual "best tutorial on A to Z readings and related work" and "value for the money with extremely in-depth instructional on the classic A to Z" as stated by the ad copy, it falls flat. It looks like this is someone who has only just become aware of the A to Z system and is trying it out for the first time. Now I know this isn't Matt's first encounter with the system, and he does do real world readings and performances, but the essence of it wasn't quite captured in this particular video.

Matt does share some nice presentational points but again, this project barely scratches the surface of what it could have been. It is a nice introduction to the system and beginning to do readings, but I didn't come away with much, if anything from this project. But just because I didn't, that doesn't mean you won't get something from it.

There were some things mentioned that I liked, and some minor things mentioned that irked me, but there's no point in going into detail on that here.

I am honestly not trying to sway anyone's thoughts about getting this or not, I just wanted to share my own opinion on it after watching it.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Wow, okay, sorry you aren't a fan. Sucks to read this. But thanks for your honesty I guess.

I agree that they shouldn't have listed the pdf's as though it was extra content, the TOC files are written separately to make it easier to search for parts of the content in the video. I find that valuable in things that I watch, which is why I did it that way. The third PDF contains some extra thoughts and also exists to give some links and extra credits. It wasn't my intention they use the pdf's as a sell point, the content is in the Two Hours of video. Also, I don't understand what you mean that one of them has the download links, as I didn't write it that way so I'll see what I can do to change that. In the future maybe try sending a private message to someone to bring things up like this instead of jumping to a public post? I'm happy to chat with people and devoted to making stuff better.

Anyhow, I hope whatever performance work you do goes well and you keep growing as a performer and reader, that's the point of the project.
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
“...instead of jumping to public post?” Why? Because its not a good review and you just want good reviews about your products? I appreciate people who post publicly good and bad reviews. I respect Lewis as an artist/creator and now even more. Thanks for your honest review Lewis!
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Psy, no, I meant about the PDF thing. It's an easily fixed problem, which I'm doing. The rest of the review is a review, I get it, sucks when someone doesn't like something, but hey, no worries, some people will like some things and not others. All good.

My point is if I see something that is misrepresented or in error on a sales site or something where I have access to contacting the person behind it, I'd contact that person directly first. Just common decency. A thing often lost on the internet.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I agree with much of what Lewis has written above. The Scryer Files - Volume Two - Oracle - From A to Z was a release I was very much looking forward to, but one that left me feeling for the most part disappointed. From my perspective, the content was essentially an overview or introduction to the basic A to Z system. Nothing in-depth. The delivery also seemed flat, not particularly interesting or mysterious.

Had a hard time finishing this one. My mind kept drifting elsewhere.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Wish Richard Webster would put out his own DVD on this

My favourite A-Z system is Nursey Rhymes by Mark Sherman from OORT by Philemon Vanderbeck (https://www.lybrary.com/oort-p-985.html). Far superior to any other A-Z system I've read

It's essentially a rhyme for each letter of the alphabet, which each rhyme having a bunch of character traits you can use. I learned all the rhymes in about a month and has stayed with me for a couple of years now.
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
It is also common decency to ensure accuracy in the ad copy before release.

It's not that big of deal, I just thought I would mention it briefly before my review. I assure you the issue with the PDFs is not what inspired me to "jump to a public post", it was the content of the product/video that inspired any jumping.

I appreciate your final words Matt, I too hope you continue to grow as a performer and reader.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I enjoyed The Scryer Files Volume 2. Yes, I am very familiar with the A to Z concept, but it is always interesting to see how someone else approaches it and uses it.

Matt has taught the basics, which is all you can really teach, after that, it is personalizing it which is up to every person to adapt it and make it fit them.

He teaches a very good set, those who know what it is will understand, he shows how to apply it in several demonstrations including live performances. He adds his own tips and advice.

I enjoyed that and loved the scenes of China, especially the visit to the palm reader.

Someone mentioned Richard, well, I spent time with Richard just a week ago and he did go over A to Z. He has gone from his original paragraph method to just the keyword as Matt teaches.

I have read and studied Ken de Coury's work, Richard Webster's work, and Ron Martin's work on this system, as well as having work of my own on it, and I feel that Matt's is valuable addition as it is an easy to learn from format for the video generation and teaches the basics, gets you started, and shares examples of it in real performance.

If you are looking for a master course in readings, there is no such thing. Readings are built upon learning a system's basics and then working with it and doing readings, lots of readings. My take on this is, it introduces you to a system so you can apply reading elements to your performances, and it does that very well.

Tony Iacoviello
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Scryer Files - Voume Two - Oracle - From A to Z (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL