The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch without TT (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I would say that q "nod" to Jim is also due Smile

I would not have thought it would be so effective.. that's why it is good to help each other.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
The hand printed on playing card is Deland's I believe.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Although the tipless switch is good, I prefer to show both hands completely (seemingly empty). Frankly, I cannot do this close up with a hand (or foot) printed on a playing card. For me it is my own Sanada, made from thumb tip plastic. But I have seen some good tipless bill switches.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
Although the tipless switch is good, I prefer to show both hands completely (seemingly empty). Frankly, I cannot do this close up with a hand (or foot) printed on a playing card. For me it is my own Sanada, made from thumb tip plastic. But I have seen some good tipless bill switches.

Tipless handlings have come a long way. There are a few ways to show the hands empty. I certainly do that in my handling and it floors audiences!
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I am familiar with most tipless switches. I mean literally showing the bill plainly, dropping it, whatever and both hands empty freely. No handwashing for coronavirus hehe.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
So as of today, post Jonh Lovick s book publication, what's the Graal?
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Old topic, I know. I have the Lovick book, it is amazingly thorough --- and yet, the switch I use most often is John Scarne's tipless switch from Tarbell 3.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
How about the Mark Young bill change. A true underground killer classic. Nothing needed but two b==ls. hehe. Available at Vanishing Inc. I have no association w them but trying to give people a place to check it out.
bhavz95
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of bhavz95
There was a gimmickless one in the Daniel Garcia project DVDs back a while ago. I believe it was called Twisted.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I have seen Daniel Garcia's Twisted bill switch, on vol. 1 of the DG Project. In a review, a magician said it was a knuckle busting version of the bill switch. I would bet that 95% of magicians would consider this to be difficult, a bit angly, and too much trouble when there are better alternatives. Although this is touted as visual (but at one point the bill goes out of sight), the M.Y. bill switch above is quite visual and much easier. this would be true with a lot of other tipless bill switches. Although I am a true Daniel Garcia fan, and have found a lot of gold in his magic, I give this one pass.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Yeah, however good the Marc Young bill change is, the explanation video is ruined by the use of blank pieces of paper. I found it so frustrating to follow his explanation, with no sense of orientation, that I gave up. Whoever chose to shoot the video with plain paper made a craptastic choice that ruined the video.

Quote:
On Dec 31, 2023, countrymaven wrote:
How about the Mark Young bill change. A true underground killer classic. Nothing needed but two b==ls. hehe. Available at Vanishing Inc. I have no association w them but trying to give people a place to check it out.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
I am familiar with most tipless switches. I mean literally showing the bill plainly, dropping it, whatever and both hands empty freely. No handwashing for coronavirus hehe.

I just let the hands be shown empty and flip over the bill. No hand washing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch without TT (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL