The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Is Paul Daniels Bankrupt? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
Throughout the years we have known Paul Daniels to be one of the finest and most well known magicians in UK history, but with all due respect is he near bankrupt?
The reasons for my asking:
He has suddenly started up an online magic store, He has created a magic course costing hundreds of pounds, He has released a master class all in the last year. You may think that this is just Paul passing on his information but in the last week Paul has placed all his odd magic tricks on ebay saying that he has 2 warehouses to clear in a week.
Again I may just be reading to much into this but He has put a £3000 family boat on ebay with his tricks.

I bring these comments to you with the greatest respect but please have a think.

James
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
This seems ironic becuase he has taught a course and has a DVD on making money with magic.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
This seems quite disturbing that this subject has been raised on a public forum. What concern is it to anyone, other then himself and his family, what his financial situation may be.

Whatever next.......
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
This is the silliest thing I've read.

People should have some kind of sense, rather than posting rumors and gossip, on a matter which, even if it had one ounce of truth, is private.

Here's something from an email Paul sent out last year. Which I am sure is fine to post here.

"The rumour is that I am in some sort of financial difficulty and ranges from the 'bit hard up' to the 'going bankrupt'.

May I put paid to a rumour that is apparently going around the magic world and has now filtered down to other areas? I'd like to set the record straight.

Mostly this rumour seems to stem from my selling off my collection of posters and other memorabilia.

It is simply not true. If it were, would I have bought TWO beautiful vintage boats in August?

For those who spread the rumour because they cared about Debbie and myself, thank you, but don't worry any more; for those who did it with glee and malice, hard luck.

The truth is that I acquired most of the collection because magicians had passed away and left no instructions or information to their heirs. As I approach older years I did not want that to happen with my stuff.

Also a really good friend of mine sold something that I had always admired and when I asked why she had sold it she said that she had enjoyed it for several years and it was time to let someone else enjoy it.

That really opened my eyes and made me realise that I hardly ever looked at the stuff I had collected and someone else would enjoy it.
Immediately steps were taken and are still being taken to sell EVERYTHING.

The next batches of items will be posted onto eBay.

The next area that 'fed' the rumour is that we do have to pull our house down and rebuild it. A major expense I agree BUT, as I said in my last tour of MasterClasses, I intended to raise the required money from work related income and not from the use of investments.
Good news, I hit my target last month and now relax on my boats most days.

Life is good. I am healthy. I am not hard up. Let the rumour stop now!

Best Wishes from the UK, where apartments are SO expensive David Blaine is only able to afford a small glass box with very few amenities."

Idiocy.
magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
That's that setled then.
Maybe I was wrong to put this in the forum. Maybe its a good idea for this topic to be removed. But you may decide its better left so people don't ask the same qestion again.

Sorry for any offence caused

James
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
It is not a good idea to remove this topic. It is good to leave so everyone knows. I couldn't care less either way, but those who are fans and associates of Daniels, it would be good for them to read this.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Is Paul Daniels Bankrupt? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL