The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Years ago (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Years ago I saw someone perform The jumping knot of Pakistan (by Daryl). I remember that guy using 2 actual cotton ropes (similar to laundry line rope. I think that's what they call it). I purchased this at the time and it came with 2 silly looking braided thick ropes with a very soft filling. I sold it because of that. Did Daryl ever sell that effect with regular ropes? Maybe the guy that I saw just modified it to fit him......Anyone ever hear of that?
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
The ones Daryl sold were a soft stretchy knit rope.

Pavel sold a very similar trick for years called Jumping Knot of Pakistan. Daryl purchased the rights and made some changes. Pavel may have used the sturdier stuff.

Daryl's is The Amazing Acrobatic Knot. I did not like the stretchy rope at first but it seems fine now. Just don't lose the knot. It is super light and sticks to things easily.

-Mary Mowder
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Ahhhhh. Ok that makes sense. I always thought that it was Daryls creation. I was not a fan of that silly lookin knit rope. 🙂. I guess if i'da used it more and broke it in it might be different. Maybe, maybe knot.....see wut I did there? 😛
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
When I bought mine from Daryl he was selling it as the Jumping Knot of Pakistan. It had the knit ropes, but they were shorter and not quite as nice as the ones he used in his lecture. I'm not sure when the name changed, but I have a 2006 ad from Denny and Lee that mentions "AMAZING JUMPING KNOT by Dary ... *Formerly known as the Jumping Knot of Pakistan. (Daryl's routine for Pavel's Fantastic Knot)"

Murf
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I purchase this also.
When I took out of the packing I thought it didn't even look like rope, but a sock you put on cat to keep it's tail warm.

Never used it.
Has anyone attempted to use the routine on real rope? Or is not possible?
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
You really should try it.

Daryl teaches it very well and it gets a great response.

-Mary Mowder
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Even though Pavel passed away some years ago I believe the family carries on the business. The website is still up.

The original Jumping Knots as invented and sold by Pavel as "Fantastic Knots" is still listed for sale. It is made in the heavy cotton rope that Pavel used for all his rope props.

you can get it configured where a White knot jumps on a red rope or a yellow knot jumps on a red rope. They will custom name just about any color combination you desire (within limits).

http://www.pavelmagic.com/us/mainhome.php?p=fantastic_knot

I'd Email them to verify that they are still in business and have the reduct you want.

mail@pavelmagic.com
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Pavel Magic is still in business. I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago. Prompt service.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2019, Jerry wrote:
I purchase this also.
When I took out of the packing I thought it didn't even look like rope, but a sock you put on cat to keep it's tail warm.

Never used it.
Has anyone attempted to use the routine on real rope? Or is not possible?

ahahahahahahaaa! Tail warmer....🤣🤣🤣

Thank you everyone for the feedback. db
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Things to consider: There was a 20 year period that "Magician's Rope" was not available, the big crash that shut down businesses and during that time of rich people buying businesses and selling off pieces of them, to gain back bigger profits.

The rope industry was affected big time. When some returned, they only made thin Magicians rope, and that is why Daryl most likely went with the knitted rope. It turned out to be a big seller, magician's like the knitted rope. Sales increased for magic shops to new budding magicians.

You can try to make the effect up in regular rope, there is a guy here on the Café that sells rope in different sizes. The thicker the better for visual effect. The costly and hard thing to do is color the sections. I don't know if the one remaining rope manufacturer in the U.S. is still in business, but it would be very costly to have them manufacturer such a rope just for those that desire real Magician's rope weaved in colors together.

Having the definitive line was more important to the Daryl and others, so the knitted rope was the best solutions. I have seen dyes and even paint used, on Magician's rope, none lasts as long as the knitted ropes.

Rope definition: a length of strong cord made by twisting together strands of natural fibers such as hemp or artificial fibers such as polypropylene. Officially then knitted rope can be called rope.

As I recall, India manufacturers originally made this effect in rope, then later changed to the knitted rope as well.

https://magicgoods.com/products/acrobatic-knot
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thanks Bill. Im thinking this is what I saw here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Vintage-......5IFa9v3k
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Daryl originally released this using regular rope. He switched to the knitted rope much later.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I don't use Daryl's white rope.
I use a similar piece of BTC3 and enter into the routine differently.
Daryl's white is too soft for how I use it. I can even go into it with
the one handed snap knot which can not with Daryl's. (not as easy though that way)
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
What if:

You buy the red rope that you want, then dip/treat the center section with bleach?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I made this up several times over the years with thick regular magicians rope.

You tie off the segment that you want to dye red, by winding ( very tightly) white thread around the rope. If done correctly, this will prevent the dye from seeping through the core to the outside surface. To clearly delineate the red from what you want to remain white, the white parts are put into a baloon and the part to become red is left outside the balloon.

Now the neck of the balloon is wrappedd with white thread ,SO THAT ONLY THE PART YOU WANT TO BECOME RED IS EXPOSED. Mix up a sauce pan of Rit dye. Dip the expossed parts of the balloon covered rope into the dye. It will become red with a defined edge. The rope you want to be all red, is dyed at the same time to achieve a perfect color match.

john, the bleaching method will not work, you cannot effectively remove 100percent of the red, it will leave that section pinky white.... sorry!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Wish I could find the Acrobatic knot made from rope. I must have a good at making my own.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2020, wally wrote:
Wish I could find the Acrobatic knot made from rope. I must have a good at making my own.

The only authorized versions are from Daryl, and Pavel of course. No one else has the right to manufacture this ripe effect, or sell it without permission.

Your wish is granted, but you will not get the fantastic Daryl routines he has added to this wonderful routine, From Pavel.

Check out this website, I believe it is by the person who took over the Daryl Product Line. Only guessing, as the person never revealed himself.

https://www.daryl.net/product/rainbow-ro......?cs=true

Reread Harry Murphy's post above, Pavel makes his version out of rope. If you question this, just email them to double check.

Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2020, wally wrote:

The only authorized versions are from Daryl, and Pavel of course. No one else has the right to manufacture this ripe effect, or sell it without permission.

Your wish is granted, but you will not get the fantastic Daryl routines he has added to this wonderful routine, From Pavel.

Check out this website, I believe it is by the person who took over the Daryl Product Line. Only guessing, as the person never revealed himself.

https://www.daryl.net/product/rainbow-ro......?cs=true

Reread Harry Murphy's post above, Pavel makes his version out of rope. If you question this, just email them to double check.

Hey Bill I think Gregory Wilson bought those rights. Someone can correct me if that is wrong.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dollarbill,

Are you saying that Greg Wilson operates the Daryl.net website?
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
No. Im saying I thought Gregory had the rights to the Acrobatic Knot and 2 maybe 3 more effects..........I thought he re-released them all fairly recently. I can not for the life of me right now think of the other 2 effects.....Hmmm....... there was at least one more that came in all new packaging etc. etc.... Maybe within the last year? Maybe a little longer. Im not sure about the website. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong. 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Years ago (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL