The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Business APPS & Services (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
What apps and services are you guys using to run your business? I've tried dozens and DOZENS of CRMs but I've yet to find an all-in-one solution that I'm happy with. I'm aware there are magician-specific CRMs, but I'm weary of using a proprietary platform should I ever want to migrate to another one. My main gripe with most CRMs is manually importing contacts - you'd think in 2019 cloud-based contacts would be the standard...

After trying many app and services, this is what I've settled on (for now):

G Suite - I use Google for email address, Contacts, Calendar, and URL registration. Though I use an iPhone, I keep personal contacts on iCloud, and business contacts on Google.

Cloze - This is a CRM, Inbox, and Contact manager. It's a "smart" CRM that uses AI to manage your communications, contacts and leads. This is my main email platform (I previously used Inbox by Google, but Google is shutting down Inbox and wants its users to migrate to Gmail. I hate Gmail as an email client.) Cloze syncs with my Google Contacts, so any edits I make in Cloze get synced back to Google and vice versa.

PocketSuite - This a client booking and invoicing app. I use it to schedule shows (which sync back to my Google Calendar), and send invoices at the same time. Clients can pay by check, but PocketSuite can also process credit cards at 2.7%, which is one of the lowest rates available. Clients receive an email or text with a calendar invite and a "pay now" button. The downside is that you have to manually import clients from your phone, and it's a phone-only app.

Wix - This is my site builder and host.

Dropbox (still the best cloud storage IMO)

I would love to hear what apps and services you use. Thanks!
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
144 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
One that I'm wondering about is the Special Guest app. https://specialguestapp.com/

Anyone tried this?
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Active Campaign - Market Automation, Email Marketing, Basic CRM

Manychat / FB Ads - list building, intergrated marketing

Self hosted Wordpress on Siteground - Because I know how to use WP (It is also my expert opinion that WIX is horrid for Technical SEO, and was proven via their own SEO competition which they lost even after they cheated)

On the WP level of things - SEOPres (seo plugin, cause yoast sucks) ... Generate Press Theme (thin and fast) ... Wordlift plugin (semantic markup like a boss) ...

Dropbox (been using it for years, really need to go clean it out some)

Evernote - I use it to take notes on my phone, to save articles, to compile thoughts and to write out content for my blogs and classes I teach

Freshbooks - Billing, invoicing and so on.
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
MAGO Talent, IMHO (and in the opinion of many other working professional entertainers), is the best (most robust and versatile) CRM online booking system on the market today.

I have been a vert satisfied subscriber to this system for the past several years.

It is a very user-friendly system, with lots of features and the ability to customize fields and automations to your specific business needs and clientele.
It is an online booking system that is designed for professional entertainers by a professional entertainer (Michael Carducci) who is also an expert programmer.
Plus his 24/7 tech support is superb.

If you have not already checked it out, I encourage you to do so at:

https://mago.co/about/?afmc=1o

I genuinely believe that you will be glad you did. Smile

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
I need something to track my longer projects; in my case writing books.
Any suggestions for apps or programs?
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Expensify is a good app to keep track of all your receipts. it links with your bank and keeps a digital copy of your receipts, linking it with your transactions so you can throw them away.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Just had my idiot manager write Wix asking which combination of their services will best automate the sales and fulfillment process (using CRM, presumably) for my kids' shows.

Will let you know if I learn anything coherent.
------------

We could have been practicing!
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Wix??? They are hiring WordPress Developers right now to ask how to make their platform more usable. I have a few friends who have worked with them on this.

As far as a CRM you should look at https://managersal.com/about/
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Business APPS & Services (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL