The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A Double Take on "Double Trouble" (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, sometimes you just get this stuff right and hit the nail right on the head. In my continuing quest for good-better-best within my “less is more” thinking, in trying to do something else I happen back across something I don’t think I could’ve done any better than I did it the first time around. My Double Trouble is a real example of that, one of the very best I can give you. I was just watching this, after receiving a PM here about it, and I just had to stop and smile watching it again…All I can say is, “WOW!” (At least, that’s what I think) Smile

Here I am trying to think of something else, that I’ve already thought-up. Smile In this, I bring two good pieces of SOH together for a fuller routine. Now, each effect plays well all by itself, but together as you see me present it here, well, it’s on-the-spot coin magic that your specs will not easily forget...It looks like trick photography, only it's not. Smile Plus, you feel really good doing this as it brings together so many deceptively magical elements. It does something quite “special” with a couple of classic things in magic, sorta different and refreshing than the beaten path. I love when I come to remember things like this, it’s like it’s new to me all over again ( and hopefully to you as well). Smile

I know many here know of this but just wanted to reminisce & remind, perhaps even introduce this to some of the new comers here. It really is a great set, just pour in some good practice and you got yourself something special that can open creative doors in you even wider. Smile

https://vinnymarini.com/index.php/produc......trouble/
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Smooth and deceptive. Love those moves.

Larry
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
It is great to pair effects like this. The first insures attentional focus and an expectation of magic.
The second delivers without frills or need for detailed script. It might fail if the first effect did not prepare the observers.
Additionally, the second "quicky" closes down any attempt to back-search the first.

The first is like a prelude to a virtuoso solo. It gives time for late comers to find their seat and shut off their iPhone.

Right in line with the Furst Principles!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
Silly question for you Mb... what skill level is needed? It’s An eye pleasing and magical feeling routine.

Appreciate all the good words here. Smile

And I think this is mostly an intermediate effect, that of course assumes that you are up on the basic coin sleights.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2019, Mb217 wrote:

And I think this is mostly an intermediate effect, that of course assumes that you are up on the basic coin sleights.

I have to disagree a bit here. When I first got this from you, I was way more of a beginner than an intermediate and I was able to grasp it with some practice. Granted, even as a "beginner", I still had some basic sleights down but SOH coin magic was very low on my list of "working effects". I did do coin magic as a table hopper for years but mostly it was gaffed quickies and very basic SOH. I was much better at cards, sponge balls, rubber bands and a variety of "prop magic".

Your SOH videos were what finally got me to take than next step and build upon that base. While I do not think of myself as a big "coin guy", I have learned much from your stuff which opened the door to me learning many other coin effects that require SOH that I probably never would have. What was once your "Less is More" thinking, became my foundation. (probably more than just me feel that way too). Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
I love this Smile it is so smooth, the vanish at the end totally fooled me. Great job!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Appreciate the kind comments here as to Double Trouble guys, it is much appreciated. Smile

And PD, thanks for that...I always try to make things as simple to do as I can. Some things take a little more to make things shine as they do, but generally I try to absolutely stay along the lines of "Less is More" as you mentioned here. Smile

Happy for all the re-newed interest in this, as it's not one to be missed. Smile

*Oh, and Welcome to this part of the Café, Beast. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A Double Take on "Double Trouble" (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL