The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Knucklebusters by Reed McClintock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
How are these books? Are the routines really that fantastic? I am a purist, just for the sake of the challenge, and I'm considering buying this set. Any thoughts?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Reed is a buddy of mine, his books have some of the most awesome coin stuff in them. Lot's of work, but when you get it down, you have absolute miracles at your fingers.

This is what some would call the real stuff, when I first met Reed I followed him around & watched him do a routine. I watched from every angle & still had no clue as to how all these coins kept coming in & out of play.

Reed later showed me how he had done it & I was amazed at how much I had missed.

I love reeds magic!
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
Personally I don't like Reed's work. I met Reed and he is an upstanding guy, but I just don't like his work. It's the same with Curtis Kam. Now I know as a magician (a working one that is) we tend to overanalyze things. However, watching Reed work is like watching an old guy at the magic club doing the cups and balls, your just going, "well, how much more can he hide in those hands of his". And his magic gives itself away. I mean after having coins transpose, vanish, and change is more than enough, if possibly way to much. But to all of a sudden pull out this unsightly giant coin (which he is an apparent fan of) is just to much.
dogwood86
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of dogwood86
I only own the first knucklebusters, and do not even perform any of the routines yet... that been said...I am in love with Reed's magic! I saw him at PCAM, and to be honest, I was sick of getting killed by his routines, I honestly couldn't take it. I have never been that fooled in my life.

If your willing to put the work into these routines, you have some killer pieces of magic. He is not a purist, but two of the three effects in my knucklebusters use regular coins.

In the way of purist's, I just picked up Rune Klan's video and it is great...I reviewed it in the Video/DvD review forum.

I heard Reed is releasing his rope routines as well as his finger ring routine...anyone know when?

Nathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Knucklebusters by Reed McClintock (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL