The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Animal Tarot by The Other Brothers (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Sounds like another miracle from The Other Brothers.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61702

Description:

A fantastic coincidence effect that is great for all ages. Animals, colors and a puzzle. It's a no-sleight trick with a big surprise reveal. Check out the video and you'll see how it all comes together.

You show the faces and backs of a packet of oversized cards and state, "Think of a number between one and ten, and I'll deal exactly that number of cards on the table, face up." Any number is named (no force) and the dealing begins. You stop when that number of cards is dealt. You show the selection.

The cards are turned over and pieced together. And guess what? The design magically matches the name of the animal they selected earlier!

Coincidence or is it magic? That's the fun of Animal Tarot. It's by the Other Brothers, so you know it's clever, practical and easy to do. In fact, it's so easy to do that the spectator can even deal the cards themselves!

Includes Animal Tarot cards and online instructions.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
This looks pretty good, but will await reviews
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The question being, is it always a rat or any / all of the animals selected?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:

You dirty rat!

Looks cute.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:

yes! That's what I was wondering
ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
80 Posts

Profile of ollybollydobdob
Always Rat! (kind of)?
I bought this at the 2018 Blackpool convention.
It's an old principal used in a card trick that I think was put out by Repro Magic in London in the 80s.
Its OK, but you do need lots of space on a table, or, as I have been doing, on the floor!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
As shown and discussed on the current WPR, this seems clever and interesting.
I hadn’t paid any attention to it when it was first released but I’m considering picking it up now.
I’m always on the lookout for effects that I feel would be fun to show the grandkids.

I think a lot of people paid no attention to this based on the surprisingly few comments about it here.
bobgill
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of bobgill
It's a very clever application of an old idea, with a great climax. The cards are excellent quality, and this is the best teaching of the 'move' I've ever seen.
Just a shame the theme is animals: it makes it fine for family shows, but not so good with adults. The Other Brothers mention in the video that they played with several themes before settling on this one; maybe they'll release a more adult version.
The Wizard Product Review praised the principle to the hilt, when it is by no means new and has been used in several dealer releases. This is a very smart version though, and magically very strong.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I did get this and really like it a lot. I think I know why it has flown under the radar, it's because the name is terrible. It has very little to do with Tarot other than the cards are Tarot sized and you may choose to comment in the beginning that whatever animal they pick is indicative of their personality. But unfortunately I think having Tarot in the name caused many magicians to pass it by (including me) and the folks drawn to the word Tarot were likely turned off by this "magicky" effect. Oh well, that's how it goes. They blew it with the name. But I'm glad I got it because I happen to be a fan of magicky effects. Smile

The effect is terrific and taught really well. The cards are super high quality and look very unusual, which I think is a plus in this case. I would respectfully disagree with Bob Gill in that I think the animal theme is perfectly fine for adults. Personally, I like the theme. I love how when you reveal the backs you cannot see the image right away, reminds me of one of those 3D pictures so popular 20 years ago.

The only thing I wish is that the box the cards came in was made to look like like a regular box that you may have bought in a toy store or at Target or something, and it could easily be in the same style as the back design of the cards. So I will have to spend some time making my own box. But other than that and I guess the fact that you can't repeat it, there is very little not to love about this effect and the job VI did in producing it. HIghly recommended!
magicbsy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicbsy
So you can't make any other animal just the rat?
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
This trick sounds a lot like Conjurer Choice by Wayne Dobson. In that effect you have postcards the spectator seems to have a free choice but in the end he lands on the Houdini poster. Then you turn the cards over and it’s the Houdini Poster. It’s very similar to this effect.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, Conjurers Choice is another good one. I would call it a 1st cousin.
The effect is about the same but the method is different.

These are both fun “coffee table tricks” which you can leave out waiting for your unsuspecting prey, err, I mean guest, to pick one up or ask about it.
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Vanishing UK are selling it for £8 that's £16 off normal price
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Vanishing US has it for $10 USD normally $25
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Here is my humble magic review https://youtu.be/zwMsMNZ6R7A
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes got it on sale, it’s great! And super easy
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, Animal Tarot and Conjurers Choice are both favs of mine and both have mostly flown under the radar.
I guess because they don't really fit into a workers set but are great for hobbyists or to leave out for guests to inquire about them.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, videoman wrote:
Yes, Animal Tarot and Conjurers Choice are both favs of mine and both have mostly flown under the radar.
I guess because they don't really fit into a workers set but are great for hobbyists or to leave out for guests to inquire about them.

That is exactly what I intend to do among several other magical items that are coffee "props"
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
It just occurred to me that for a limited time only, you can work in the fact that 2020 happens to be the Year of the Rat. Offer expires on December 31, 2020.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2020, ablanathanalba wrote:
It just occurred to me that for a limited time only, you can work in the fact that 2020 happens to be the Year of the Rat. Offer expires on December 31, 2020.

No. Feb. 11th 2021.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Animal Tarot by The Other Brothers (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL