The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Finger ring & string Kicker Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Im on the lookout for kicker finale's for a finger ring and string routine. Here are a few... I would appreciate other options. Right now, my favorite is the Nest of Wallets b/c its easy to carry and has less risk than a ring flight

Ring Flight (to key chain) - Various
Nest of Wallets - Nick Einhorn
Collateral - Diamond Jim
Lightning Ring Box - Mark Leveridge
Lippincott Box - Various
Ultimate Flying Ring - Gaetan Bloom
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Oops.. Just saw the similar post "Ring and Rope routine ending"
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Only took a brief glance but the other thread seems to be routines for the larger harness type rings or larger and not finger rings. An ending that I've used for formal performances is from Chris Kenner's book The Right Stuff. You raise the string at the end and a jumbo ring is now on the string (or a bunch of rings).
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
There is also Ring in Walnut/Nest of Fruit. John Shyrock's version is great or Matthew Wright's Nut Dropper. You could also use ring to sealed envelope using Richard Pinner's P.E.T. or a JOL type envelope wallet. Lastly you could make a DIY nest of boxes with a card box or cigarette box & match box like Jay Sankey's Nest Egg. Although, when I do Ring & String I pretty much always end with Nest of Wallets for the reasons you stated as well and I think they're best for walk around. However, I do use Nut Dropper in more parlor type situations because I think it gets better reactions and you really don't need to reset if it's only done once in a show.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
My vote is for nest of wallets. It's so versatile, reset is easy, and there are so many things you can do with it.
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
I use Jay Sankey's Next Job.

I start my routine by introducing myself, "Hi my name is Terrell and I do not do card tricks." I then proceed to pull a pack of cards out of my pocket and set them on the table. I then do my entire close up/ parlor routine ending with a ring a string finale. For my last move I vanish the ring while two specatoators hold the ends of the string. Show both hands empty thorugh some subtlties and then pointing out that it is gone, remind them that "You must remember, that I am Terrell and I do not do card tricks. I pick the deck box up and shake it. SOmething is rattling around inside, I open it and dump out a match box, shake it, hear the rattle open the match box and reveal the borrowed ring in the matchbox. Gets great reactions because the box has remained untouched and on the table the entire time.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Where is "Next job" taught - I have a number of Jay's books and DVD, but I may just not have the right sources.

Thanks;
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Apologies I have no idea why I typed "Next Job" the trick is called "NEST EGG" forgive the error, yesterday was a long day lol. I am not sure where it is originally taught but I learned it from the "World's Greatest Magic - Finger RIng Magic" volume. Hope this helps Smile
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I see said the blind man, who took the hammer and saw.

Sankey has it in Revolutionary coin magic, and the Definitive Sankey.
Thanks,

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Of course, thank you and apologies for any confusion I caused Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Finger ring & string Kicker Finale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL