The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » ACAAN.. what is the holy grail? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
I'm just seeing this now and wanted to thanks Bill Hegbli for mentioning my H.G. Effect. I'd also like to thank everyone for all the positive comments. I really wanted a gimmick-free ACAAN, using a borrowed and shuffled deck. The idea of memorizing a whole deck and not being able to shuffle prior to the effect has always been a stickler for me. I'd love to hear how Dollarbill form Colorado is doing with the routine anow s his comment a month ago seemed totally positive and that he was headed for success.

All the best,

-shawn
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Hey Shawn, I will admit I set it down for a coupla weeks due to work. I did however pick the deck back up a coupla days ago. I still have the control decently but it needs to be smoother and quicker. More of a "casual quick". If I could work this for three days solid I'm sure I could own it. 🙂👍......... but ...... I have to work.😂🤦‍♂️ I think pretty much anybody could get this in a week or less if practiced daily. That being said, I'm also basically new to cards. 👍👈

I forgot to mention, it's $10 bucks. I don't care if you're 30, living at home, go mow a lawn and get the $10 bucks. 😛🤣
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
30 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
I use SCAARN by Steven Daniels. There's a process to it but it ends really well with the spectator counting down to the card and they turn it over. It's impromptu too.
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:
I love Asi Wind's ACAAN and Barrie Richardson's version. You could perform's Barrie's from a borrrowed, shuffled deck. It is practical, and I have performed for attendees of my parlor show as part of preshow entertainment.

This!

Asi if I can prepare, Barrie if I have to do impromptu.

Sometimes I do the first one as a quick opener and if they ask for another round I may come back later after another effect where they handle the deck... pretty strong finish!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
ACAAN and CAAN are pretty much the same effect in my opinion. They're both 1 in 52 odds. If I could perform ACAAN (especially Asi's) with the ease of CAAN I would. But I can't. So I've been using a variation on Mike Rose's Grail for well over a decade now. I never liked the gimmicked reveal card or even a single repeat card. So I eliminated both.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2019, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
I'm just seeing this now and wanted to thanks Bill Hegbli for mentioning my H.G. Effect. I'd also like to thank everyone for all the positive comments. I really wanted a gimmick-free ACAAN, using a borrowed and shuffled deck. The idea of memorizing a whole deck and not being able to shuffle prior to the effect has always been a stickler for me. I'd love to hear how Dollarbill form Colorado is doing with the routine anow s his comment a month ago seemed totally positive and that he was headed for success.

All the best,

-shawn

I like it a lot. The main sleight is not simple to get down, but after a few months I feel pretty good with it. I think there are a few possible situations where you have to think fast on your feet and maybe draw on some other skills, but that's part of the fun of it as well. And much as I like memdecks, I'll always use this method from now on for ACAAN.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Anyone seen the version by Sylvain Juzan , looks very interesting

Barry
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, BaryBazz wrote:
Here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1aM0XiAwM4

I do a similar presentation, but I think the method is the same, from Greater Magic, and allows for a very clean CAAN.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3511 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
What about Atlas Brooking's The Grail? In my opinion, it isn't just a card trick, it is a presentation.
ekgdoc
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of ekgdoc
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, Wravyn wrote:
What about Atlas Brooking's The Grail? In my opinion, it isn't just a card trick, it is a presentation.

Is this different than The Crusade?

David M.
alchemy92
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of alchemy92
So many really cool methods. Personally, I use a stacked deck and Asi Winds method for my ACAAN. Just need to improve my memory recall and maths to make it a little faster..
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The David Berglas version remains the best, by far.
alexK
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of alexK
I perform the H.G. Effect from Shawn a lot and it's one of the first ACAAN's I really liked.
Asi Winds ACAAN is also really good and I think better for stage acts.
But I definetly have to mentioned Denis Behr's Shuffled ACAAN, the thinking behind this is fantastic.

Shuffled ACAAN:
The Deck of Cards is shuffled by the specator himself, who cases the deck and puts it in his pocket.
Afterwards a Number is named and a card chosen by two different people. The first spectator removes the deck
he has in his possession from its case and counts down to the number himself. There he finds the cosen card.
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Late to the party, just to reinforce what others already wrote.

My favourite ACAAN are:

- Barrie Richardson Impromptu ACAAN

- Shuffled ACAAN by Denis Behr

- AWACAAN by Asi Wind
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, ltrblst wrote:

My favourite ACAAN are:

- AWACAAN by Asi Wind

Is the Behr Shuffled ACAAC the one in his “Handcrafted Card Magic” book series ?
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2021, JuanPoop wrote:
Quote:

My favourite ACAAN are:

- AWACAAN by Asi Wind

Is the Behr Shuffled ACAAC the one in his “Handcrafted Card Magic” book series ?

Exactly.

It's an incredible effect.
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2021, ltrblst wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2021, JuanPoop wrote:
Quote:

My favourite ACAAN are:

- AWACAAN by Asi Wind

Exactly.

It's an incredible effect.

Ha! I just noticed that I tried to make up a new genre - Any Card at Any Card (ACAAC)!!

Thanks for being kind and not telling everyone how dopey I am - whoops, I just did it for you!!

"Shuffled ACAAN" it is - I will dig out my Behr references and check it out more thoroughly.

Cheers!
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
Anyone using a Butterfly Deck for this illusion?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » ACAAN.. what is the holy grail? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL