The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fantasma magic kit (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
This is an open forum, so I won't go into too much detail.

At the Walmart where I work, I have quite a few regular customers. One is a nice lady with three children, I've done sponge balls and card flourishes while we were waiting for the bus. One kid loves magic, and she bought him some dollar store "slum" boxes which he didn't show a lot of interest in, so she gave them to me. I played with them a bit, then stored them away.

Yesterday she tells me that she picked up a big magic kit in a discount chain called Savers. She said the kit was by some magician whose name she couldn't pronounce. He still couldn't seem to get into learning this stuff. I don't know if the bug didn't bite, or if he has an attention span problem. Either way, she asked if I would like it. Not one to turn down free magic, I said sure.

She brought it in today, a Fantasma magic kit. Lots of props, the box itself turned into a table with a secret device. She paid $2.99 at Savers for this. I'd say she got her money's worth! It certainly looked nice and flashy, but only a few pieces seemed worthwhile.

I found it, new, on Amazon for $54.99. I think if I'd paid $55 and got this, I'd be a little put out!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
I just bought this (at Target for $20) and had no idea the box turned into a table - I'm glad I didn't throw the box away!

Did the one you have have the black box with the flap in it, the blue box that could make stuff disappear, the ring-through-hole trick, the four rings and a bunch of other stuff?
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Fantasma puts out a lot of different kits the one you got may not have the same box/table
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

The kit that I bought said "bonus app trick" on the box. I saw nothing in the instructions about the app, but I did find an AR X-Ray app with the instructions for its use against the Phantom Deck that comes with the kit. It appears to me that it does not x-ray anything at all, but rather just looks for the box and "replaces" the image of the box with an image of the x-rayed 5 of hearts.
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

So the kit I bought was the Fantasma Astounding magic kit. It was worth $20 going away, $20 is an absolute steal for everything you get in the kit. If anyone is curious I'll be happy to provide more details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fantasma magic kit (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL