The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » UltraCandle by Curty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
I'm wondering if anyone actually owns UltraCandle by Curty (produced by Egelo Magic in Norway), and can provide some feedback on the product (reliability, spectator reactions, etc.).

https://www.egelomagic.com/product/ultracandle/

It looks beautiful, and seems to be very reliable!

I have a cheap version of the self-lighting candle, which is fine for entertainment purposes, but it doesn't look like a real candle, and there's the obvious clicking sound as it ignites. These issues seem to be solved with this new version.

I've added this to cart many times, but always ended up canceling the sale, as it is almost $500 bucks! Just wondering what you guys think of the effect, and any personal reviews from owners.

A tempting replacement is Light It Up from Sansmind, but the negative reviews keep pouring in, so I'm back to looking at UltraCandle to replace my old candle. Any thoughts, opinions, and reviews would be great!

D.

P.S. My apologies if this topic is already covered here. I searched quite a bit, but came up empty, so I decided to post.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Also very interested. This looks beautiful. A little worrying that the “next batch” is quoted to have started shipping last year and is still out of stock.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
Also very interested. This looks beautiful. A little worrying that the “next batch” is quoted to have started shipping last year and is still out of stock.

When I was on the brink of purchasing this, I communicated quite a bit with Egelo, and they were very kind and accommodating. I'm sure there's nothing shady with the operation, but I did notice the same thing. It seems like it could take a while for them to be back in stock.

It would be great to hear a review from someone who actually owns this.

D.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
[quote]On Apr 23, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
Quote:

D.

But we are all magicians here, each pretending to be a character they are not; deception, So, could you trust a review by someone saying they actually own it? Do they actually own it, or is it just a person playing their character and saying they do? Hummmm
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
[quote]On Apr 23, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
Quote:

D.

But we are all magicians here, each pretending to be a character they are not; deception, So, could you trust a review by someone saying they actually own it? Do they actually own it, or is it just a person playing their character and saying they do? Hummmm

This is true. I know there are a lot of people pushing products, so I wouldn't immediately pull out my credit card just because someone on the Café says it's great. There's actually one review on their website, but it sounds like someone connected to the product, so I ignored it. I couldn't find any other reviews online, so here we are.

I was hoping for more of an ongoing discussion of good and bad points, routines, etc., rather than receiving a generic "It's great! Add to cart!" response. I guess sometimes silence is the most persuasive review.

D.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Just wanted to add to this candle discussion. After Ultra Candle, a recent addition was the Devil's Candle (there's already a discussion on this product here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=218&topic=685904). The price is steep for both, but UC has been sold out for months, and apparently there is only one DC left at HP.

Now there's Automatic Fire Candle by Ultimate Fire Products: https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/index.cfm?p=57788. It's cheaper than Ultra Candle and the Devil's Candle, but it doesn't look as realistic in my opinion. Also, the demo offers an interesting presentation. Not sure how many of us perform in areas that allow casually throwing flames around.

I have a version of Ghost Candle 2.0, which also looks cheap, but it has served me well. I think most audience members won't believe it's an actual candle anyway, so I don't mind the cheap look/feel. Still, adding a nice one to my holiday acts is tempting.

The Café is still lacking in reviews for any of these candles (although Angel has been very kind to provide details for the DC), so hopefully some reviews will be added to this thread soon. Smile

D.
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
I realize this is almost a year old. But there is another fairly realistic looking candle with similar capabilities. If you go to https://www.magic-voitko.com and click on "Fire Props," there are a few items that overlap with the UltraCandle. Most interesting to me is the B Candle On/Off. I really like the comedy angle, but the "shadow" approach is quite amazing looking.

It would be nice if anyone had either the B Candle On/Off, or the UltraCandle to chime in. These are big purchases and issues like reliability, practicality, etc. would be important to know before investing that kind of money. I would be particularly interested as to whether you could do the same comedy bit shown in the B Candle On/Off video using the UltraCandle.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » UltraCandle by Curty (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL