The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Incursion from the Twilight Zone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Something is borrowing blog posts to make videos on YouTube.
Really. Recall the Boxmaker AI from William Gibson's book Count Zero.
https://boingboing.net/2019/04/26/aggres......man.html

https://www.youtube.com/user/smokaj0000

And it protects it's copyrighted videos - even to linking.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I am reminded of at least one person (I think I'm gonna start a thread about him) who seems strangely afraid of AI. Maybe we all should be. This seems like some kind of AI experiment to me, though I obviously may be wrong.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Google what is AI?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Maybe Artificial Intelligence?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Magicians are artificial and some of them have even more interesting characters than HAL: “I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.”
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Looks like a sight set against the president. Whois behind it?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Everybody?

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2......-lawsuit

Microsoft seeking to protect oil companies from environmental damage suits ... Cortana protecting assets?
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Could be a joke.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On May 3, 2019, ringmaster wrote:
Could be a joke.

https://www.clcouncil.org/advantages-of-......ds-plan/
if that's your idea of a joke, perhaps.
What if folks started thinking of auto companies about the same way as the Sacklers? hmmmm?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, tommy wrote:
Everybody?

Now now now!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In a similar way something is borrowing looks to make videos on giant screens, targeted at you or your like- see Facial Recognition Adds.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Anyone else here read Psychic Dictatorship in the USA? Is this like that? Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Manufacturing Intelligence sounds like something the psychics and the intelligence services would have a hand in. At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Cloud Integration Architecture = CIA.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

If you were writing a program that to make money, wouldn't you want it to include advertising on youtube pages as a revenue stream?
Think computing for fun and profit. Add the idea of fiduciary responsibility (high level value to return profit on expenditures) and ... ?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
You have ways of making money that I have never heard of.

Is it the way of the hex - the spell? Does it have a dual purpose? They are showing off what their products can do while having fun?

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Incursion from the Twilight Zone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL