The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wunderkind - Andreas Dante (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Just had a look at this -

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11705

It looks exactly like Peter Turner’s “Missing in action” / “Missing no” from his masterclass series / Did2. Even using this to divine a playing card seems similar. Does this come with an app? If so, is there anyone that owns both of them who can tell me the benefits of this (if it is an app?) it appears to be a blatant ripoff. I personally don’t like any effect where the participant adds things up (regardless of how or why- with phone/ without a phone). But this sounds no different. Thoughts?

David.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I don’t own PT's so can’t compare but I personally did not care for Wunderkind. Instructions must be followed exactly and are too complicated for me to bother with.
Not saying it can’t be done, but spec will either make a mistake OR be underwhelmed by having to follow such a specific and odd process. There are so many other effects I would choose to do rather than this one.

Other performers may be able to make a miracle out of it but I’m not that good.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This has been revealed multiple times on scam school. This isn’t new in any way. Why in the world is this being released as a download, and even more so, why in the world is penguin promoting it in their newsletter!? This has been around for ages.

Wow, I’m disappointed in the team.

Madison
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, MadisonH wrote:
This has been revealed multiple times on scam school. This isn’t new in any way. Why in the world is this being released as a download, and even more so, why in the world is penguin promoting it in their newsletter!? This has been around for ages.

Wow, I’m disappointed in the team.

Madison

The original principle was actually a memory feat if I’m not mistaken released by Lorayne or Bergeron. From what I gather Turner was the first to tie the principle to things like a pin code/ playing card etc. turning it into a divination system. The way this is presented here and the concepts shared I’ve been informed are the same. Also disappointed in penguin for not doing any research.

David.
cho7
View Profile
New user
France
66 Posts

Profile of cho7
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, MadisonH wrote:

And why is it so expensive?

24$ (19$ currently) for an instant download on Penguin is way too much.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Hi David,

Turner was only the first to combine it with 4 people. But the way I learned it several years ago is identical to what’s presented here except without the need to write down their numbers on your own calculator.

Madison
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I know the basic effect is old as the hills, but is there anything that sets this release apart? Wondering why Marc Salem and others would be so excited about it if it was the same old thing..?
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
There is no mathematics involved - you don't have to work out anything - your own calculator secretly gives you the missing number. I finally got to watch the hour and a half download and now I'm ready to try it out next week

Ed
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, egoli wrote:
There is no mathematics involved - you don't have to work out anything - your own calculator secretly gives you the missing number. I finally got to watch the hour and a half download and now I'm ready to try it out next week

Ed

Glad to hear this. So he HAS added something by not having to compute the info yourself.

Personally, I prefer the original method since it means I don’t have to have my phone in play.

Madison
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
This is good ****!! Great effect
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
344 Posts

Profile of gibby357
I love this! I was unaware of the roots to this effect but the calculator does everything. Not giving anything away, everything seems adjustable and user friendly. You can reveal a just though of number, do a magic square with 2 thought of numbers and even a card reveal. I do not own the Peter Turner effect but I am very impressed with the ease of use and inability to figure this out on the spectators part. And the price boarders between fair and cheap to me. You get a lot for your buck!

Leo
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
I enjoy performing mathematical effects. However, most times participants are on edge and despite their qualifications are intimidated doing math and invariably make mistakes without a great deal of coaching. This effect couldn't be easier for the spectators to participate and it's a classic effect utilizing current day technology that most people are familiar with. A job well done by the developer! He did a thorough job covering all aspects of the app, device and performance.

My only regret is that I didn't get it when it was on sale. Smile
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On May 18, 2019, slowkneenuh wrote:
...My only regret is that I didn't get it when it was on sale. Smile

As far as I can tell, it still IS on sale (unless it was available at an even lower price at some point in time).
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 19, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On May 18, 2019, slowkneenuh wrote:
...My only regret is that I didn't get it when it was on sale. Smile

As far as I can tell, it still IS on sale (unless it was available at an even lower price at some point in time).

When I bought it the sale price was $9.95.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
With this example it wont work. anybody owns the effect and knows what I am talking about please PM:
250880000 spec. thinks about 8 and gives 00000852
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Contact details of Andreas Dante please
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wunderkind - Andreas Dante (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL