The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dining Out! The Menu Trick by David Garrard and Jim Steinmeyer (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Good afternoon friends. Noticed the sale of this trick! I am sure it will be one of your favorites.
I AM SURE THAT MISTER JIM has made enormous additions to this idea. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26948 Smile
Everyone will find potential in this - I am sure of that!
For many years I have been showing the prediction routine. I called her Mr. Chi restaurant (the story of a Chinese restaurant). I spent a lot of time on logic and stunt method. It gets huge reactions.
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Maybe someone already has this for review? Thank you, guys!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
I, too, would love a review before I plunk down my simoleans.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2019, Josho wrote:
simoleans

Wow, I haven't heard that term for decades.
Tkanks for the memories!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I like the fact that it has 1 full uncut live demo. Looks great! Still want to wait for reviews.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

This is based on a very old and interesting mathematical principle. I was inspired by the presentation of the German magician, after which I created my own routine. But Mr. Jim real detekviv and genius, once I could find this trick, I thought that only a few show this forgotten routine. Now it is available to everyone, but as always in pursuit of new tricks - many will miss the chance to get this working routine for their professional act. Smile
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I am very happy to have pulled the trigger on this one ! What an ingenious principle that lets you fully concentrate on the presentation ! And you are supplied with almost everything you Need, depending on the version you wish to perform. Once you know the principle you can also work it over in any language

you wish.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
How its different from the Phil Goldstein's effect
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

And ... Super presentation on the show of fool of Penn and Teller - from the magnificent magician Denny Corby
This is an incredible stone! Which is now available to everyone! Smile
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Out of stock.
adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Is this the same that is described in Steinmeyers book "Ensuing Impuzzibilities"?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20791
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
It's almost the same.

David Garrard created it with Jim Steinmeyer's permission.

There are a couple of small changes to the menu, plus an added kicker that makes it seem even more unbelievable.

I was very happy with my purchase. (and I already own almost all of Steinmeyer's books, so I knew what I was getting)
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2019, Eugene Chekhov wrote:
And ... Super presentation on the show of fool of Penn and Teller - from the magnificent magician Denny Corby
This is an incredible stone! Which is now available to everyone! Smile

i´m not sure yet if adding the "receipt" kicker instead of the "tipp" made it better or not. maybe for magicians yes, but for laymen? imo for laymen it takes a bit away the beliving that it was really free choices. even that's not true...
JackThomson
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of JackThomson
I believe this effect shows a menu in dollars. Would it be possible to buy this and replace the pages with the relevant currency for my audience?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Ha that was great I thought the foods items she choose were also going to be written on the note !
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2020, JackThomson wrote:
I believe this effect shows a menu in dollars. Would it be possible to buy this and replace the pages with the relevant currency for my audience?

Seems like that would be easy to do... just replacing the $$ signs for something else.

performbettershows.com
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
You can change the dishes and prices to suit. It really is a great piece of fun magic.

PropDog reviewed it in one of their Live shows and it has good reviews on their site.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Is this the same effect as John Archer's Chinese Choice, or Lee Earle's Sezchaun Sampler?
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
By the way, I’ve done this virtually a few times.

Worked great!

performbettershows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dining Out! The Menu Trick by David Garrard and Jim Steinmeyer (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL