The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 2nd Coin Video Recommendation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Ok I have Modern Coin Magic (the unexpanded version Smile ) and David Roth's Vol I.

I'd like to pick up my next video. A natural pick is Roth's Vol II, but I personally don't want another VHS tape as they are a pain to jump to the parts you want to see. Now if he has it in DVD then nevermind Smile

My question is I hear abour Ammar's DVD and I'm wondering which would be a better pick... or maybe another that I'm not aware of.

Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
For DVDs on coin magic, you can try Michael Rubinstien's Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights (3 vols) or Knock Out Coin Magic (3 vols). I have the Knock Out Coin Magic and they are really cool! Highly recommended. Smile
Bernard Sim
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Hey Bernard (or anyone else that has the Knockout Coin videos),

Do these videos have many good stand-up routines? (my definition of stand-up: no table, nothing around you) If so, can you comment on some of them, briefly?

I'm thinking about getting the 3 in 1 DVD, so any comments you have, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Though all of his routines are done on a table, I'm sure you can modify some of the routines (not much though) using the spectator's hands as a table. But it is still a good video, I'm sure you can find some materials you can use.
Bernard Sim
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
David Stone's Videos are Great, all are standing performances and there are a lot of
moves I learned off of these tapes that I did not know existed, which made my coin magic take leaps and bounds in the right direction.. I cant recommend Stones videos enough..
Good luck
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 2nd Coin Video Recommendation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL