The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD by TONY D'AMICO & LUCA VOLPE PRODUCTIONS (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi guys we finally did it!
Tony showed me this effect more than a year ago and I was in love for it! So I decided to produce for him.
This is a very powerful effect for parlor and close up but is also very good to use on stage.
There is a VERY clever kicker ending that nobody will see coming! And the quality of the props is great!
Hope you enjoy! More info here:
https://murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=64333

Description:

ONLY ONE PREDICTION. A DECK OF "PHOTO-CARDS", TWO OR MORE SPECTATORS AND... AN IMAGINARY AND AMAZING TRIP! THIS IS TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD! THE SPECTATORS CAN FREELY SHUFFLE THE "PHOTO-CARDS" AS MUCH AS THEY WANT AND, IN THE END, THE PREDICTION WILL MATCH 100% THE FINAL DESTINATION OF THE TRIP WITH AN INCREDIBLE DOUBLE ENDING! A LOT OF FUN TO PERFORM!

IMAGINE THIS:

Before starting the routine, the performer shows a prediction that remains in full view.

A deck of "Game Puzzle Cards" is shown, which has reproductions of famous monuments around the world. Two spectators are asked to mix the decks and randomly choose some cards, which then at the end, will be used to create the picture of the chosen monuments.

The monument, with the major number of pieces, will be the selected one. When the prediction is shown, it indeed predicts the result. But is not finished yet! Once the prediction booklet is opened, it also shows the other monuments, created with the discarded pieces. And, as a kicker ending, the shapes of the puzzle, with the remaining monuments assembled, form the word TRIP!

TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD IS BASED ON A CLASSIC OF MAGIC TOTALLY RESHAPED! IT COMES COMPLETE WITH A CUSTOM "PHOTO-CARDS" PRINTED DECK, A PRINTED PREDICTION, AND DETAILED ONLINE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS. IT IS PERFECT FOR MAGICIANS AND MENTALISTS, TOO! IT IS SUITABLE FOR CLOSE-UP, PARLOR AND TABLE-HOPPING SITUATIONS!

Note: This deck is a powerful tool that you can use to create many other effects for close-up and strolling situations. Great ideas are included in the video download.

POINTS TO REMEMBER:
INSTANT RESET
100% EXAMINABLE
VERY EASY TO PERFORM
SUITABLE FOR ALL SITUATIONS
SPECTATORS MAKE ALL THE DECISIONS
THE PERFORMER NEVER TOUCHES THE CARDS, NO SWITCHING DECKS
What is included:
High quality deck in a plastic case with a game card logo
High quality printed prediction booklet
Videos download (performance and explanation)
Digital booklet with full detailed explanations
Bonus close-up and strolling routines included
Facebook group link
Quotes:

"Very cool effect that has a lot of space for fun, and the multiple revelations add many layers of deception!"
- Titanas

"It's always refreshing to see card tricks transformed into something much more appealing to audiences by changing the props. Tony D'Amico has done this brilliantly with Travel Around the World."
- Jon Allen
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Luca,

Thank you for posting. I have a question concerning the handling that perhaps you can kindly answer. Your description states that "THe performer never touches the cards", but in the video demonstration, the perforemr does all of the touching and dealing of the cards. Was that for demonstration only? Is the dealing and location of the cards based on what the spectators tell you where to place the cards?

Thank you very much.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI Michael, in the actual video the performer did touch the cards to make a little quicker the effect, but in reality spectators they can do all by themselves.
It is a known concept but Tony has completely worked on new subtleties that makes all super fair, plus the double ending is a very powerful idea.
Thanks for asking my friend, hope Tony can post here too soon.
Thanks
Luca
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Another question: The ad copy says that this trick "is based on a classic of magic totally reshaped". What is the name of the classic this is based on?

Here's an edited version of a performance:

lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi my friend,
The foundations of “Travel Around The World” lie on Simon Aronson's greatest effects “Random Sample Shuffle - Bored” that has inspired a lot of performers such as Aldo Colombini and many others, but with a different props, subtleties and a new type of presentation that makes it more deceptive with double ending finale!
It is really a great effect and with the deck only is possible to do many other routines thought in the download (for close up and parlor)
Hope this help.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Aronson's "Shuffle Bored" - of course!

This is a very clever and novel way to reshape that effect using custom cards with pictures. I especially like the idea of puzzling the cards together to make buildings/scenery.

My only concern is that there is so much going on, it could leave the spectator a little confused. Then again, we only saw an edited version of the performance, which might lose some clarity about what is happening. Perhaps that's not an issue with the full routine, and that a complete performance might be clearer and stronger.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This why Tony created this routine, thanks to this new take it makes the routine a lot more engaging and the double ending makes a great impact on the audience.
Obviously, as any routine, we need to adapt to our performing style.
tonydamico
View Profile
New user
Italy
9 Posts

Profile of tonydamico
Hi guys! Smile Thanks for all your questions about "Travel Around the World" and sorry for my late reply! I think luca gave you complete answers concerning the handling of the deck. In the short video performance, that you saw, I touch the cards only to make a little quicker the effect just for filming purpose. In the actual performance the spectators can do everything by themselves, and with a good audience management and just by looking them and the deck you are always in control of the situation!

There is nothing to worry about because everything that is going to happen during the entire routine is clear to the spectators' eyes thanks to the script included on the PDF that you find attached to the download. Of course, everything can be adapt to your style and your way to perform! So, the spectators never will get confused! The most important thing that I would like to suggest you, is to have fun you too during the performance, because believe me the moment while the spectators try to assemble all the pieces of the puzzle it's a really fun part and the double ending makes a great impact on the audience! Smile

Finally last but not least you end clean because everything can be examined and you don't have to worry about nothing because there is nothing to hide!

Please, remember that this deck is a powerful tool that you can use to create many other effects for close-up and strolling situations. Some great ideas are included in the video download. "Travel Around the World" is also available in a deluxe version that includes a 3D puzzle revelation of the chosen monuments, a poster for the final revelation of the word "TRIP" and a different script! Smile

I Hope my reply helped and explicative and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, I'll ve happy to give you any information you need! Smile

Thanks, Tony Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Nice idea
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
tonydamico
View Profile
New user
Italy
9 Posts

Profile of tonydamico
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2019, motown wrote:
Nice idea

Thanks a lot! Smile
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
New review:

"Well done Tony! And kudos for Luca Volpe, always searching for new and exciting magic material!" -Andrea Clemente Pancotti, Reviewer
https://www.prestigiazione.it/wp/travel-......-review/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD by TONY D'AMICO & LUCA VOLPE PRODUCTIONS (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL