The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Why just card magic? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Topper2
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Topper2
That's the Jester's bauble or marotte, it's a sort of equivalent to a Monarch's sceptre and is a 'fool' or jester's staff of office. The old Alf Cooke 'New Bond' cards sold by Woolworths featured this type of Joker. I loved them, they handled so well and were very cheap.

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Ah, that makes so much sense, Topper2! I hadn't thought of it that way. With his mace, the jester is making fun of the King. Just as he is, now I think about it, in the modern Bicycle cards in which the joker is dressed up as the King riding a bike -- something no dignified monarch would do, at least not in our imaginary conception of royalty.
Aintnothingbutachickenwing
View Profile
New user
Dublin Ireland
20 Posts

Profile of Aintnothingbutachickenwing
For me when I was younger cards was always associated with magic in some shape or form, due to how easy they are to get and cost effective this is where I started, however this opened my eyes to magic and led me to discover others areas of interest such as coin magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Why just card magic? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL