The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » "Mano's Demagnetized Raven" (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Here's "Mano's Demagnetized Raven" performed by me:
https://youtu.be/Dn7S5MYOSGQ

This is really a very difficult coin technique, in fact the most difficult coin technique I've ever practiced. 

Darko
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Very nicely done, dj. Smile

A little story...

I can remember the first time I saw this move, a very long time back now. Mano didn't even know me yet, and he was sitting around in the lobby of a magic convention in NJ showing and talking magic with Joe Rindfleisch and several other coin guys. It was a young Eric Jones (still wearing NBA jerseys and his hat backwards) Smile that took me over and introduced me to them all. I remember Eric asking Mano to show me his "Demagnetized Raven." Eric was quite impressed with it and after Mano just casually vanished a coin of the table from an absolutely flat hand, so was I...Amazing! 😳

Mano and I have been good friends ever since..."brothers" even. And since then, I have witnessed many of his wonderful works, his wondrous abilities and creative mind, and magical way. He is a very gifted magician and a great friend. Smile

And again, great work dj. Happy to see you bring forward this little gem from Mano. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This is a great move and well done .originally this move was called the mano lift. I could never quite master this .
and yes it is probably the most difficult move in coin magic. mano should be a house hold name,, for me best coin magician on the planet bar none. some of his terrific moves will never be in print . in the early days a lot of his techniques were stolen, and he never received credit for them
im proud to call mano my fgriend in life and in magic
vinny The Godfather of magic
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes Vinny, that's it...that's what it was called back then, it's what Eric Jones actually called it too, I'm remembering better now, yes..."The Mano Lift." Man, those were the days. Smile

And I'm sure Mano is somewhere proud and humbled to see dj do his move such pecisioned justice. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I worked on and worked on and worked on the Mano Lift. No go.. Nice job Darko. Wish Mano was still around posting videos. Great stuff.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, Tom G wrote:
I worked on and worked on and worked on the Mano Lift. No go.. Nice job Darko. Wish Mano was still around posting videos. Great stuff.

Yes that's "The Mano Lift".
As I said very difficult move, but very nice move.
Mano made a private video for me and in this video Mano explained his Mano Lift and Demagnetized Raven in detail.
All the finger exercises one should do to learn "The Mano Lift" faster.
And yes, Mano does not need a close up pad, he can do The Mano Lift on the table. That's incredible!
I can not do The Mano Move without close up pad, I need the close up pad.

Mano is very helpful person and I am very grateful for that.
He is an incredible coin magician.

Darko
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
The Mano Lift is a very powerful weapon in coin magic.
You have to master this technique and then you can do a lot of things in coin magic with it.

You can also use "The Mano Lift" for the Shadow Coins, Mano said me that himself and he's right.

I've tried something different with "The Mano Lift" and am very happy with the result.
By that I mean the "Ambitious Coin" by Juan Luis Rubiales.
Many of you know this routine.
The difference to the original routine of Juan Luis Rubiales is, in the last phase of the routine I use "The Mano Lift".
Juan Luis Rubiales does that a bit differently.
With "The Mano Lift" you are faster in the last phase and I personally like that better than the original routine.

Today I had the contact with the Mano and showed him this video.
Here's the "Ambitious Coin" video (with "The Mano Lift"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=424sfy9Yp64

Then Mano had an additional idea.
Really a nice and interesting idea, I think.
His idea is "Backfire Ambitious Coin".
I tried it right away and I have to say that I really like his idea.

Here's "Backfire Ambitious Coin" video (with "The Mano Lift"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrO8WbTfGA

How do you like that?

Darko
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Very, very nicely done... And the Mano Lift really adds to the effect as to that last coin in both videos. Great job, dj! Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
That was gorgeous dj are you familiar with coin melting thru coin ????? or cooper going thru silver??ive seen it done it uis a work of brauty
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » "Mano's Demagnetized Raven" (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL