The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New arivval.... me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mkhodadoust.24
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mkhodadoust.24
Hello guys , Im so glad to be able to join the magic Café . My main point of interest is coin magic and I am really exited to see other coin magicians on the Café. Im from iran and in iran there is like no magicians . I live in dubai tho....... no shops or anything to do with magic. Currently I'm on vacation to new york and have been to both stores . Ive learnt so much by reading reviews and recommendations on this forums and I want to hopefully contribute to the Café too. Im only 13 yrs old and have been doing coin magic for 4 months (magic in total 8 months) but in that period I have put all my school studies aside and focused directly on magic.

sincerely yours

milaad
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Milaad,

Welcome to the Café... I hope you are enjoying your time in NY.

The dad in me wants to say don’t forgo your education... you will have plenty of time for magic.

The advice I would give to myself at your age is don’t waste your money on gimmicks and one off tricks, learn the basic sleights and check out the Cups and Balls.

Take care,
Bruce
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome mkhodadoust.24,

And welcome to Magic!

I know a lot of great Magicians who are struggling financially. Being a good Magician is no promise of constant work.

Learning about business is a GOOD idea. Acting classes can help.

Successful Magicians need enough general knowledge to write interesting patter and hold a good conversation with spectators as well.

Well rounded people are more interesting than Magic Geeks. School and other interests can make you a better performer.

Many good trick come from the side interests of Magicians (lots of the Magicians here have other jobs that inform their Magic).

Best of luck (and hard work).

-Mary Mowder
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Welcome milaad to the Magic Café forum.

Believe it or not, school can be great place to learn magic.

Some tricks require math. Some tricks require chemistry. Since tricks fool your brain, it assume you the audience knows basic laws of nature. Your patter can always use history to make your point more believable.

Enjoy the forum!
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Welcome ...
I see your post is dated 2 August 2019.
Hence, if you are still in NY, you must get yourself the Hopping Half - Sun & Moon - coin set.

Ask the magic studio to demo the routine for you ... it's an absolute "must have".
Not cheap, but when you see the routine you will not want to "walk away".

It is an absolute must for any coin worker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New arivval.... me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL