The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ebay scores? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
60 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
So, thanks to Ebay and their non magician’s selling magician’s items...what are some of the scores you guys have made? Last night I got a Sudbury penny / silver peace dollar copper silver coin for 17.00 shipped (just needs some silver polish). I’ve also scored a barber copper silver for 18.00, a walking liberty unexpanded shell/milled coin for 25.00, walking liberty china town half with an African dime for 23.00, and a hank moorehouse beggar coins set for 20.00. Also, A come fly with me set in Morgan’s for 135.00

I’m curious on what hidden great deals you have gotten from non magi selling coin gaffs without realizing the true value.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Sounds more like you got some fakes (which are all over ebay). If it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is. Beware of Lassen fakes also. There is some guy who goes by a couple different user names who gets on from time to time and unloads a bunch of fake Lassen coins.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
60 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
No they are all real lol. They are not modern made sets. Unknown makers. Not replica coins. A lot of times coin shops will get magician coins and sell them for cheap because numstically they aren’t worth anything. I got an expanded shell walker at my local shop for 35.00 one time. And, yes you are right...Frank Paris is a big no go to buy from. I mean as far as buying coins that aren’t marketed by a magician or magic shop
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I need to keep a closer eye on ebay! I've only shopped for ungaffed coins there.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
60 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
Yes! At times there are other people who see them and the price gets high but is still cheaper than retail by far. I got a folding walker and folding franklin bundle for 45.00 shipped
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Dude.... Magician's Code.
Don't give away our secrets!
Smile
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
60 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
Errrr...I mean Ebay prices are wayyyy too high, avoid at all costs!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
There was a new seller selling Kennedy Half Dollar Proofs as clads. I bought all 10 rolls at 34.95 each. When I got the coins, they were uncirculated proofs,
but they were not clad, they were 90% silver proofs. I wrote him asking if he had more, but he told me I had bought all he had. Bummer.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I've never heard of proof coins being sold in rolls - just the sets.
You sure they weren't just uncirculated?

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
There was a new seller selling Kennedy Half Dollar Proofs as clads. I bought all 10 rolls at 34.95 each. When I got the coins, they were uncirculated proofs,
but they were not clad, they were 90% silver proofs. I wrote him asking if he had more, but he told me I had bought all he had. Bummer.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
When I say rolls, they were tubes. That's what they were, uncirculated proofs 90%. Sorry for the confusion. Either way I was pleasantly surprised.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ebay scores? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL