The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Tales of Coincidence (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
Feel free to share a true story of a coincidence you’ve experienced, or an instance in which luck was in your favor.

Hopefully this can be an interesting thread where we can share stories of true “magical moments” in life.

I’ll start: One day my sister and I were on a stage in a large auditorium that belonged to our high school. I went all the way to the top, above the stage, as far up as you could go. I brought a deck of cards. I don’t know why, but I just felt compelled to ask her to think of a card. She did. I took one card out of the deck, and threw it down onto the stage. Luckily, it landed face-down. I asked her to name what card she was thinking of. She said “Seven of Hearts”. When she turned that card over, it was a moment of true magic for both of us!

Looking forward to seeing the other stories!

Ryan Shaw
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I shared this on another thread but it also fits here:

I was going to do the telephone card prediction effect (not sure if that is the actual name it has been so long but the spectator chooses a card and you call Mr. Wizard who tells what it is). Mr. Wizard missed the count and the wrong card announced. I was a bit disappointed until we hung up and the spectator looked at me and said, "That guy must be in league with the Devil, he did not choose the card I chose but did the one I was thinking of."

It was a botched trick gone good. Sometimes failed effects are the best.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
This was several years ago -(50), my Wife was carrying our son and couldn't assist me- so our 9 year old daughter did (she said-Daddy everything except the guillotine) OK, the show was on a stage with no front curtain, so she sat beside the table of props (complete bare stage even no side or back curtains).Turning on the stage lights, then turning off the audience lights, I patted her on the head- she then went behind the roof section of the 'dog house' effect (full sight of audience??) while I greeted the audience, I went and built the 'Dog House'- "Clap-Clap" 'UP' she came - then a GREAT WOW from the Audience. WOW!!!!!!!!
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, ryanshaw9572 wrote:
Feel free to share a true story of a coincidence you’ve experienced, or an instance in which luck was in your favor.

Hopefully this can be an interesting thread where we can share stories of true “magical moments” in life.

I’ll start: One day my sister and I were on a stage in a large auditorium that belonged to our high school. I went all the way to the top, above the stage, as far up as you could go. I brought a deck of cards. I don’t know why, but I just felt compelled to ask her to think of a card. She did. I took one card out of the deck, and threw it down onto the stage. Luckily, it landed face-down. I asked her to name what card she was thinking of. She said “Seven of Hearts”. When she turned that card over, it was a moment of true magic for both of us!

Looking forward to seeing the other stories!

Ryan Shaw

Man that is amazing!! Its actually funny...

This is mine I was once doing magic for my uncle and I told him to shuffle cards face up and face down, cause I was going to perform Kostia Kimlat triumph, and I saw that he trying to shuffle face up and face down, he actually shuffled face down and face down with one card inversed, I peeked that card and told him that I would not touch the deck.
I psy forced the peeked card and there I had the most impossible, habds off and wondrous triumph. It was hands off and he just thought of the card.

Cristobal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Tales of Coincidence (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL