The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How Your Business Developed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
Good point, Martin. Service clubs are indeed an excellent market for fundraising shows.

I was thinking about doing a short, 15-20 minute "teaser" show for their monthly meeting. Doing a short set is a good way to break in new material without giving away the farm. In addition, it can also be a great showcase for a performer who wants to interest the service club in doing a fundraising show, or as a way to introduce yourself to the members who may have the power to hire you for their company events.
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
I am a teacher/magician and I'm trying to put together A workshop for teachers on how to incorporate magic within the school curriculum. This can help motivate their students!!!! I will not be introducing magic props such as thumb tips etc... I just want to teach the basics. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
adam
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
Adam,

I do a workshop for teachers on this subject and have found that optical illusions, brain teasers, and puzzles that they can use to challenge their students work well.

Also a few good mind reading tricks and making chalk appear magically work well.

Avoid anything that requires any skill, as they simply won't put in the necessary time. Good luck.
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Brilliant advice througout this entire thread Guys!

Ive been perfecting an act for 12 mths now-adding certain material & not using other effects I like but what plays well for the audience etc

I have about 6 mths to go before Im satisfied I have a top act I can sell while continually doing shows in theatres/Nightclubs/Cabarets etc

This thread has helped me so much in where I have to focus on the next 2-3 yrs to ultimately to turn Professional-The last 3 mths have seen me add my second Illusion as well as become Runner up at Magicians convention stage act to see if Im on the right track!

Im fine tuning my act prior to marketing myself otherwise Ive got nothing to market!-I think!!!

Thanks again for the wisdom shared-I know what courses Ill be investing in soon
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
The number one thing is simple (BE GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO)
heres a few simple tips that have helped me in my magic career,
Be polite and friendly when dealing with clients ,
When someone says WOW that's superb (whisper in a jokey kind of way ) don't tell me tell that guy over their (the person who booked you)
Do something special for person who has booked you so that they remember you.
have business cards ready to hand out ,
make sure when you are performing everyone has a great time and your reputation will do the talking .
I do magic as an occupation now and I still love it
(its the best job in the world )
above all eNJOY IT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How Your Business Developed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL