The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Marvyn's Magic Theater Opening soon by Jeff Hobson (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jeff Hobson is opening the Marvyn's Magic Theater, named in honor of Marvyn Roy, aka Mr. Electric. The theater is located in La Quinta, California, minutes from Palm Springs.

Tickets available soon, www.marvynsmagictheater.com

I heard Jonathon Neal Brown and others will appear at the theater.

Plan to support this new endeavor and see real professional magician perform.

Also on Facebook with some nice vintage video clips about the theater and Mr. Electric.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I am doing the official opening week September 11-15
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Greg Otto, nice to hear you will be appearing at the theater. I have your DVD, and wish I could be there to see you live in action.

Good Luck!
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Club has been delayed in opening once again, my date next week just got canceled today.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
246 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
Hi all! Yes, we have been going though months of delays but I can safely say that the opening is very close.
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jeff, I understand, when you are opening a new adventure there is always set backs. Chalk it up to a learning experience, then add that new skill to your resume.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Will be seeing Nick Lewin on October 30th... Cannot wait to check out the new theatre.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If there wasn't a delay it would shock me. I love to see a venue like this open and I'm sure Jeff will make it a success. He is no stranger to what it takes to accomplish.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Had an opportunity to visit the new Marvyn's Magic Theater in La Quinta, last week and was blown away! Jeff Hobson and team have done an amazing job... first class all the way! Shot of the exterior...

You enter a smaller lobby with many cool magic artifacts and a "dematerialization" chamber where one member of your party might vanish! Jeff Hobson greeted all the quests complete with a sparkling tuxedo! A couple of lobby shots...

After saying a secret phrase a door magically opens allowing you to enter the magic bar....

The perfect place for a pre show cocktail. Jeff continued to work the room chatting with guests.

Another big highlight was that award winning magician Andrew Goldenhersch entertained with some wonderful guitar music and some killer close-up magic. I have always wanted to see Andrew live so this was a wonderful surprise.

We were then ushered into the theater to see Nick Lewin and juggler Romano Frediani. They put on an outstanding show and Jeff Hobson was the consummate host/M.C. and also did a cool piece of magic. Photography was not allowed inside the actual theater but it is beautifully designed to allow for an intimate magical experience. No bad seats!

After the show we went back to the bar area for more magic from Andrew. Both Nick and Romano also came out and mingled with the quests.

Overall a great experience that I highly recommend. We spent a couple of nights at the Magic Castle prior to visiting this theater and my wife enjoyed this more than the castle! 5 out of 5 stars!

John
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thanks for the photos, looks very nice.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Just finished a week at this venue as a performer. It has an incredible showroom with first class lighting and sound.A great tech crew and no missed cues! Jeff and his wife Yvonne make you feel very welcome and they manage the nightclub with expertise and class. I look forward to returning and sharing more of my magic with the La Quinta audiences!!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I truly hope CV doesn’t do in this great theater before it even has a chance to get established. An undertaking like this has enough hurdles to get over without having to deal with a possible forced closure.

Best of luck to everyone involved.
Hang in there!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Last week, my wife and I lead a group of our fellow San Diego Miata Club members for an overnight stay in La Quinta and a visit to Marvyn's Magic Theater. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. Jeff and his wife made us feel very welcome and Jeff did an awesome job of warming up the crowd with Magic and comedy at the piano. Then we moved from the lounge to the theater, where Jeff continued to entertain. We all had side aches from laughing so hard before the night's headliner, Dana Daniels, took the stage. OMG, I was literally sliding out of my seat from laughing. Dana is so hilariously entertaining.

Our group went to dinner after the show and our friends could not stop talking about what a wonderful time they had at Marvyn's. I received multiple emails thanking us for coordinating the trip.

Marvyn's is beautifully set up for a wonderful night of magic and comedy. There isn't a bad seat in the gorgeous theater. The lounge area is gorgeous too and the souvenir Marvyn's drink ware was an appreciated touch. We had such a fantastic time, we are going back in December. We've already announced our 'Miatas & Magic II' event, we're going to see Jonathan Neal & Lianne this time.

Marvyn's has my highest recommendation. We feel lucky that it is only 140 miles away. Coincidentally, that is the exact same distance to the Magic Castle for us. But the drive to Marvyn's has FAR less traffic (we take the backroads) and it is FAR more scenic.

Can't wait for December!

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Mark! I delight isn seeing you in December!! We'll try to be as entertaining as Dana Daniels... but that is some stiff competition! Anyway, all teh entertainment is great at MARVYN's!!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Marvyn's Magic Theater Opening soon by Jeff Hobson (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL