The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » QuickSilver by Mario Tarasini (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
So I bit after watching the promo video and I purchased QuickSilver from Ellusionist.com.
https://www.ellusionist.com/quicksilver-......ini.html

I'm wondering how angle-sensitive this gimmick is, especially after watching the instructional videos after my purchase. Not sure when I'll receive it, but hopefully next week sometime.

Anyone else purchase it?
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Nope.I get the feeling it’s mainly for social media but I’m interested in it regardless for the price.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, btwigg wrote:
Nope.I get the feeling it’s mainly for social media but I’m interested in it regardless for the price.

It is definitely for social media. Very visual.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Do they teach you how to make the gimmick yourself as well? Thanks .
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2019, LankyHobo wrote:
Do they teach you how to make the gimmick yourself as well? Thanks .

No, I didn't see anything in the instructional videos.
ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
I hope it’s not just for social media. It looks like a camera trick, so the beauty would be in performing it live.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2019, ryanshaw9572 wrote:
I hope it’s not just for social media. It looks like a camera trick, so the beauty would be in performing it live.

It will definitely look like a camera trick when performed live. I'm just worried about the angles, but I'm not a talented magician, so my confidence level probably plays a role in my worries.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 30, 2019, servant wrote:

It will definitely look like a camera trick when performed live. I'm just worried about the angles, but I'm not a talented magician, so my confidence level probably plays a role in my worries.

All talented magicians always worry about angles. You have a right to be worried since you are a magician.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
It arrived!

First impressions:

It's simple and clever. I'm surprised this is the first time I've seen something like this.

It's a quality gimmick which is made from a genuine Bicycle Rider Back Playing Card (I chose Red). Durability is yet to be determined. Given the nature of the gimmick, it probably won't last forever if used frequently and there aren't any repair instructions. However, someone with more knowledge of the materials used might be able to refurbish it.

As far as handling, I'm definitely not performing this effect straight out of the box. I'm going to have to rewatch the instructional video because I find the handling a bit awkward. They do it exceptionally well in the video.

I'm thinking about performing this along with Mystery Smoke for added effect and also providing a way to ditch the gimmick after the vanish.

Will be interested to hear what others think. Let me know if you all have any questions.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Do you think that you will be able to perform this live? And, how angle sensitive is it? Your advice could help others. I perform for friends, family, and friends that I just met (formerly called strangers) at gigs, parlor, walk-around, and on stage. If the angle isn't good or if it leaves me too dirty (and I cannot use a t**i* to clean up effectively, this effect isn't worth it.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
If you ask me personally, I'm skeptical because I'm just not that great of a magician and this feels outside of my comfort zone. Do I feel like it's doable to perform it live? Yes.

As far as angle-sensitive, I'm less worried about that now. I don't think it is any more angle sensitive than any other sleight of hand.

I'm going to send you a PM.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Sounds good servant! Look forward to your thoughts.
Philip Thomas
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Philip Thomas
For the price of this, you can't go wrong. I'm thinking about ordering two gimmicks that way I'll have a spare. My only reservations about this effect is that they don't show both hands empty after the vanish. That may raise a few eyebrows and questions from the spectators. I'm sure with some thinking, there can be ways to end clean and ditch the gimmick. Would be something to play around with at least.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Philip Thomas wrote:
For the price of this, you can't go wrong. I'm thinking about ordering two gimmicks that way I'll have a spare. My only reservations about this effect is that they don't show both hands empty after the vanish. That may raise a few eyebrows and questions from the spectators. I'm sure with some thinking, there can be ways to end clean and ditch the gimmick. Would be something to play around with at least.

Philip, have you received your gimmicks yet? I'm getting a lot of PMs asking further questions. Would be beneficial to have someone's second opinion.
Philip Thomas
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Philip Thomas
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2019, servant wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Philip Thomas wrote:

Philip, have you received your gimmicks yet? I'm getting a lot of PMs asking further questions. Would be beneficial to have someone's second opinion.

No. I haven't had a chance to order yet. Had some other unexpected things come up that I had to take care of first. I plan on getting this within the next week or so though. I'm still on the fence about it but it does look good!
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of stevie c
I received this gimmick a few days ago. First thing is that it does appear to be well made, and the video has clear instructions on how to 'tweak' or 'improve' the gimmick should that be required. As Servant above says, I'm also definitely not performing this straight out of the box. I'm finding the handling a little tricky so plenty of practice needed to make it look slick. The sound might be another issue!!
jamesakame
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jamesakame
Is the gimmick audible, do we need to have some background noise to cover it up?

Can the card "jump" from one hand to the other as in the video or would that require multiple gimmicks?
Is it a vanish alone or can it be a production as well?
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Sadly the price of shipping one playing card to the uk is 15 dollars!!! Wouldnt cost anywhere near that via airmail.So as much as I like my gimmicks I'll pass for now.Would have ordered two!
Cheap as chips if your in the states..Worth the money deffo. Its noisy so I'd recommend as you need two hands ..to make a click sound with tongue and mouth.If your a fan of hondo Chen you'll like this..Would be nice a make your own tutorial.You end dirty so beware you'll need to ditch before you can show hands totally empty.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, jamesakame wrote:
Is the gimmick audible, do we need to have some background noise to cover it up?

Can the card "jump" from one hand to the other as in the video or would that require multiple gimmicks?
Is it a vanish alone or can it be a production as well?

Audible, yes, but not loud.

The gimmick is a vanish alone and does not allow for a card production.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » QuickSilver by Mario Tarasini (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL