The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Complete Derren Brown Forum...? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 01:01, nathanpain wrote:
Chris...mindreaders...get it! Smile

Nathan Pain

Oh! You must mean REAL ones. Smile

--Chris
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
Interesting interview with Derren Brown:

Posted: Jul 9, 2004 5:00pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry: http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/communicate/derren_brown.shtml
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Yeah I thought russian roulette was an incredible piece of television, better than the séance believe it or not - that I was not too impressed with - don't critisize me for saying that though, please!

Unfortunately I don't have broadband, and I can't really leave the pc on for a few hours to watch the interview!

But I think that the hype will die down a little - for now at least - until Derren decides to put out a new series or another special...
----------------------------------
"I would say that nearly everybody that I have met who is significant in mentalism has nothing but the deepest respect and admiration for Mr. Brown. So where does all this talk of jealousy come from?"
----------------------------

In an attempt to answer this statement/quiery, think the idea of jealousy comes from the arguments that occurred on page 3 of this topic - shrink and craig vs. me and nathan etc whatever - they're over now and lets forget they ever happened.. I think that the idea of jealousy stemmed from shrink and craig having the belief there were too many DB topics on the Café and wanted to let people how they felt, etc, no offence to them - understandably there were [and still are] a lot of DB topics on the Café, which is why I created this one. Then they got annoyed at my attempt to clear up the Café...hmm seems strange doesn't it?

Anyway!

my 457 cents

-Francisco

ps. does ANYONE have any idea of new series' or specials? I heard somewhere that Derren was slowing down now, and is concentrating on his tours, and his own personal performances. any comments?
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
Quote:
On 2004-07-16 17:22, francisco wrote:
ps. does ANYONE have any idea of new series' or specials? I heard somewhere that Derren was slowing down now, and is concentrating on his tours, and his own personal performances. any comments?

He is currently filiming his new series of Trick of the Mind, and, if all goes well, he has a new live show which will start touring next year.
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Wow! Thanks for the quick responses guys!
If I'm right in thinking, Derren Brown will soon become more famous than me, if he's lucky.

So I suppose this thread will re-surface with the start of the new series or the special.

signing off until then

-Francisco
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
There are also plans for one more show after trick of the mind and the special. Material from several sources are currently being looked at.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
These threads just never die Smile

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I think the idea of a topic for fans of Derren Brown is ok.

Jibboom wrote:
Quote:
And for anyone who dares to argue the fact that people want to copy Derren's material, well I'll just say this - Is everything you've ever done all entirely your own and 100% original? Unlikely.

From a beginner's point of view, you do have to copy to learn. Imitation + deviation = progression.

There‘s a difference between performing released published material and performing another performer’s material, especially if it’s material that they’re currently using in their act. Copying a performer's act without permission is not considered ethical in any category of show business.

The same distinction applies to trying to find out a current magicians's secrets, even if their secrets are published and generally known. Magicians usually respect the idea of maintaining the effectiveness of another performers show, even for other magicians. Sadly, that’s not always the case.

Check out the post, “How does Derren Brown do this?” by truthteller, who’s one of the leading performers today, which in my personal opinion is one of the more important posts in the Magic Café.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Hypnotic Winter......
You've cracked haven't you.
Dont worry, I'll be with you in the funny farm any time now.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
I'm a Derren fan and think having a forum for Derren fans is wonderful, but can we have just one? and say something new, I'm just waiting for someone to ask about the tractor effect for the 100th time.

PsychoMagi, yup I've cracked, I'm just waiting for the nurse to take me back to my padded cell, some people see dead people, I see Derren. Smile
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Complete Derren Brown Forum...? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL