The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Our October Issue of Genii is Here! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman

Join Us At Genii For Our Halloween Issue of the best magazine in magic and subscribe for as little as $35 at www.geniimagazine.com Thousands of pages of our back issues are included.

As this is our October issue, our cover story is suitably bizarre. A petite girl in an oddly dated dress, a ratty doll her only companion. She rarely speaks, but twitches frequently. She brings evil. She is the most famous bizarre magician in the world, and her name is The Sacred Riana. She is also a construct—the end product of a team of creatives and producers looking to recast an ordinary female magician into an attention-getting shriek show. It worked. After many months of failed attempts, I was finally allowed to interview The Sacred Riana … but she refused to speak. Instead, her disheveled doll named Riani spoke for her. Well, how much is a doll going to say?

Coverage of MAGIC Live by our two Associate Editors, Dustin Stinett and Chloe Olewitz.

We see a lot of people doing the Linking Rings, but we rarely read innovative new material with them. (The recent "Hevia Proof" published here was an exception.) This month Jim Steinmeyer, gives us something new and good with the rings in "Conjuring."

You don’t see a lot of magic with silks published or performed these days, as Jonathan Neal pointed out several months ago in his column. And if we did publish a silk trick, you would not expect it to come from Roberto Mansilla. A Halloween surprise, perhaps?

David Britland meets Mickey MacDougall in "Cardopolis" and wrestles with one of his Ace assemblies.

If I toss out the phrase “Card Tripod,” you would most likely look at me oddly. John Gaughan knows what a Card Tripod is, and he lets you into his "Chamber of Secrets" to find out.

Linking Finger Ring routines are widely popular and have been so for a decades. Many variations have been published and they differ widely in the details. I particularly like the five-ring version Jonathan Neal shares this month in "Secrets Within Secrets."

My new book Tricks for Toddlers is coming out next week. In it I reveal the secret to my success … change diapers rarely, lots of sugary drinks, and mucho screen time. Ahem. It should be obvious that I know nothing about doing tricks for toddlers, but the world’s best kids magician does, and that’s the subject of David Kaye’s column this month.

Ben Williams balances something on his fingertip in "Left-Handed."

Alexander de Cova knows a lot about the psychology of magic, and this month digs deep into what we call a “false transfer” in "Notizen."

"The Eye" brings us interesting news from the world of magic via Ms. Olewitz, and books, videos, and tricks are reviewed by David Britland, Joe M. Turner, and John Lovick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Our October Issue of Genii is Here! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL