The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A divination idea....simple (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
A divination idea

When an audience member has picked a card or selected something or is reading a list about which you are going to divine.

Create a line of people from the spec to the performer holding hands. Whereby sending vibrations to the performer while reading off the list.

Stage or close up. Just another thought.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
John:

Thanks for that very promising thought. One promising variation might be to have the one of people's fingers barely touching the fingers of the adjacent people, or a single finger. In some audiences, some people would be more open to barely touching than to holding hands.

George
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
You could also incorporate the "Chinese Whispers/Telephone" game premise, where you get the message slightly "off" each time.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
For decades I have used the BBNS method with success (back-to-back no see’em)

You sit on a bench with your back against that of the Volunteer Assistant, apparently relying on physical contact to enhanced your mind-reading or empathy ability.
The VA selects a card, roles dice, draws a picture, etc. that you obviously have no way of seeing. (many methods employed such as stacked deck and forcing.)

It would be easy to have other spectators make selections and show them to the VA, or have several in physical contact as suggested.

Thus, I can verify that the use of physical contact can increase the "plausibility" of mind reading for the observers,
while allowing the performer (seer) to use crib sheets, pre-drawn shapes, etc. - plus some humorous antic as you attempt to "focus in" with squirmings
against the back of a VA of the opposite gender (optional)

I provided some descriptions of this method in connection with Henry's new Cartomancy Guide discussed down below.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Ben Bob
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Ben Bob
John
Good idea.I think it can be used with some psychological implication like warming someone's hand.Maybe they work well.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Better yet, perform Ashes on Palm on everyone in the chain, and you'll have a physical manifestation of the after-effects of the psychic connection that was formed.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
The "holding hands" suggestion reminds me of the simple novelty clear tube with lights inside marketed about 5 or 6 years ago; several people would hold hands in a circle and when the two on each end would be holding the ends of the tube (completing the circle) the lights inside would go crazy. No gimmick.

Good stuff! Smile

Julie
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Feel the vibrations. It’s coming thru now. Could number three person please hold a little tighter. Ahhh, it’s the letter C? Correct ?

Numbers 6 and 7 please hold your hands up a little higher....
bluejay17!
View Profile
Regular user
DC
120 Posts

Profile of bluejay17!
Touching someone is always a good way to reveal information.

Here's another idea: Have someone think of a number, touch their forehead with your index finger, then show them the number is engraved on your finger. The downside to this effect is you have to engrave the number on your finger with a knife, then wait for a scar to form, then finally cover the scar with makeup, wipe the makeup off onto their forehead, and hope that it matches their skin tone.

Anyone up to try this out?

-Elisha
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I have done that with all my fingers, including my thumbs (because I wanted ten outs). The good news is it works great, the bad news is it hurts to vanish a silk for a while. .
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Never tried that
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A divination idea....simple (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL