The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hugs and kisses (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J Burke Whittaker
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of J Burke Whittaker
Does anyone know where I might find a set of Hugs and Kisses by Al schneider It was sold some time ago and re-released as Dots and Dashes.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Http://www.larocks.com/magic/sterling_magic.htm#Dots

I no longer have a set.

If you are a DIY kinda guy one could get six C/S coins and drill an X and O pattern of holes.
That would work fine.

The initial set was hand cut.
I suspect someone out there has a set but the price is dear.

Al
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Every now and then, one shows up on Ebay ( I found one a couple of years ago). Also, Mike Rose had one on his Hard to Find magic website.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
What's the effect? Any videos?
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Someone is selling a Sterling-made set of X and O coins just now in the For Sale section of the Café: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=76

You need 50 posts before you can access that section, and it seems you don’t yet have that many posts. I do, so I’ll reach out to the seller on your behalf, and suggest he get in touch with you.

Not positive it’s what you’re looking for, gaff wise, but it might be. Worth asking him for more details, at least. His name is Steve Thomas. You can reach out to him yourself via PM at https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/pm_new.php?to_id=34#menu

Hope it’s what you’re looking for. You’ve been kind in sharing your own coin magic downloads for free with everyone, so happy to try to help.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
J Burke Whittaker
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Karnak Thank you so very much I really do appreciate your help.
J Burke Whittaker
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Karnak; Thank you so much for putting me in contact with the seller on this I have been looking for one of these for quite a while now. I am working on a project that it will be perfect for I really appreciate your help.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
My pleasure. Happy to have helped.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2019, Ray Haining wrote:
What's the effect? Any videos?

I guess there's no effect; it's just a cute collector's item?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
No the X's And the O's on the coins Change Places !
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
One can also find tic-tc-toe pieces in metal, glass or wood - about the size of silver dollar, but 1/4 thick.

These are harder to handle than coins, perhaps (possibly different sleights), but the impact is great.

I had some metal pieces that another magician coveted, so I sold them for twice what I paid at a thrift store.

So, if you like the visual effect and have large hands ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Interesting, but that would be a different effect... more of a simple object transposition?
The "X" objects trade places with the "O" objects... vs with Hugs and Kisses, the halves and pennies stay in place but the X and O _holes_ move -- or the halves and pennies switch places but the holes stay in place..... I forget which way at the moment.

Quote:
On Oct 3, 2019, funsway wrote:
One can also find tic-tc-toe pieces in metal, glass or wood - about the size of silver dollar, but 1/4 thick.

These are harder to handle than coins, perhaps (possibly different sleights), but the impact is great.

I had some metal pieces that another magician coveted, so I sold them for twice what I paid at a thrift store.

So, if you like the visual effect and have large hands ...
dirtyrussian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of dirtyrussian
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea That looks It Man ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Here is my "Dots & Dashes" set:

Darko
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Https://ibb.co/GQjkrv6 This is the set I have, but still looking for the printed instructions that did not come with it. Got it from an estate sale, so is an older Hugs and Kisses.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Dan ~

I sent the instructions via email of Hugs and Kisses by Al Schneider with the set of Xs and Os to you.

Please let me know other wise and I'll be glad to resend.

~allen
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Hi Dan

I have tried to emailed you a PDF of the instructions for the set I have but it bounced back.
Private message me your current email and I will send.
It's the same set you have Smile
Cheers
Andy
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Got it Andy, Thanks a bunch!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hugs and kisses (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL