The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Totally nuts (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Will this be sold in the United States ?
markcall
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of markcall
Yes... on pre-sale now in USA
here https://www.alakazamusa.com/product/leos......metsers/
Should ship around Oct. 21.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I’ve now had this about a week so I thought I would write a quick review.
First off I have no connection to Leo other than meeting him at conventions. I have purchased other items produced by Leo and although the quality is always up there with the best you can buy I think this set tops all previous purchases. For the money it is amazing value. On seeing the demo I knew immediately it was something I could use as I already do and ring and string routine and I have had a set of his shells for a number of years. This meant there was very little learning to do, even so there is nothing too difficult to learn and it shouldn’t take anybody very long to be up and performing it.
Now to the props. I think everyone can see what you get but I will mention it anyway.
First off is the bolt which act as a means of carrying the nuts used in the routine but also hides the devious secret of a b***t**e. This is made as good as any I have used and has a very large load area making the load nice and easy and extremely quick. The three nuts thread on the bolt very easily and when you spin them you can tell it is a quality prop. The head of the bolt is unscrewed to reveal the load and is again very smooth. The three additional domed nuts which are a nice addition meaning you can do a three shell game with them the routine naturally brings these into play by using a two in the hand one in the pocket routine. It is at this stage that you can decide whether or not to do the three shell part of it. My first thoughts on this were that If I was going to not perform any part of the routine it would be this. That was until I used them, the flats on the sides of the nuts makes handling them a breeze and they work so well that no special performing surface is needed. In fact these even work on a sheet of glass delivering the ball effortlessly into your fingers. Three balls are supplied which is only a small point but I know some three shell sets where you only get two and although only one is used in the routine it’s always nice to have spares. It comes with a nice cord for the nut on rope part of the routine and the cord works well.
The teaching is good with some overhead shots where needed and everything is explained so that even a complete beginner should have no problem picking it up. It all comes in a nice custom box to keep your props pristine.
One final point, when I saw the amount of items that you were going to have in your pockets my thoughts were that it was all going to be a bit heavy but I was wrong. I was absolutely amazed at how light it all is and the weight is not an issue.
Leo you are a genius and this product ticks all the booze and more, on top of all this it is modular so you can do as much or as little of the routine as you like. Leo’s presentation idea of Houdini works brilliantly with this and is so good I can’t see myself not using it. The only difference I have made is I get them to draw a picture of Houdini on the paper and then sign it. They always draw a stickman to which I reply, wow he is so thin no wonder he was good at escaping. There are loads of funny lines you can have with there drawings just use a little imagination.
In short I cannot imagine anybody not being pleased with this set.
Apologies that the quick review didn’t quite turn out like that but there really is so much to say about it to skimp would have been a crime.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Very well said! I totally agree. Cheers, Luc. Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I saw on Leo's Instagram the shops that will be carrying it. I pre-ordered from Alakazam USA. Can't Wait. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I bought this from somebody in here and must say fantastic set. Haven’t got a chance to go through the DVD or work with it yet but looks like this will make it in my Table hopping set.
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
The description says it comes with Leo's full 3 shell game video as a bonus. So you are getting more routines than the video shows. His handling of the shell game is unique and I have not seen his method taught by anyone else.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You are getting a 3 shell set with it. The rounded "locknuts" in the set are the shells. Peas are also included. I have another of his "themed" shell sets where the shells are little plastic hardhats and they store with the peas inside a bucket with a lid (that can also be used like a shotglass for a final.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Got mine in the mail yesterday and even though I am used to Leo’s product quality, I was still blown away. It is lighter than it looks yet sturdy and built to last. The nuts spin easily on and off the bolt and the “lock nuts” even fit the end of the bolt. Once you get your codes on the enclosed card, you can go to his site to download (or Alakazam sends a code via email and offers several different sd, hd or source size videos for download depending on what you want to use it on (phone, laptop ...). The teaching quality is thorough as we have come to expect from Leo with some very nice close up and over the shoulder shots (although every effect in the set is “out there” somewhere” I consider this to have the advantage of the props tying everything together in one nice bow.

This would be a table hoppers dream. It is an entire act that uses very minimal pocket space and is modular. Mix and match the effects you want to use. There are several choices of what you can perform with this set.
Signed bill / paper to impossible location
Ring and string routines
Two in the hand one in the pocket
Transposition from regular nuts to lock nuts
Shell and Pea routine
And if you do them all in order, reveal the signed bill / paper at the very end bringing it full circle.
This was very well thought out and put together. I am very happy with it.

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Totally nuts (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL