The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ted Lesley's Cabaret Mentalism DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
I've heard good things about it. If anyone owns this, any opinions would be appreciated.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
mysterious_guy
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of mysterious_guy
I have both the Cabaret Magic and Cabaret Mentalism videos. It's great to see this master at work, and even better if you own Paramiracles as you can see how the effects are meant to be performed - well worth the money.
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
This tape contains some goods ideas, but I don't like the performer's presentation (sorry Mr Lesley !). I find it too boring. ZzzzzzzZZzzzzz ZZZzzzzZZZzzzz
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I also was dissapointed on these DVDs. There is few very clever and extremely practical ideas but the tapes are as allready mention by Bofx very very booring. In a way I understand because english is not Mr Lesleys first language. the mental magic DVD is much better than the magic DVD out of the two. The book Paramiracles is still far better than these DVDs.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I think his style is a bit outdated. But I like to watch him anyway. The effect is really great.
Many effects on the DVD is very powerful.

Pro-Monition and his clever Teleport Envelopes are real blockbuster concepts.
If you don't like his style doesn't matter, the mental effects are very good in the right hands, anyway.

Check content list here:
http://www.wonderworkshop.de/guest/cgibi......how=1069
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
I lived some of the effects, but he is very slow and his explanations were not always clear. I would stay away from these.
oldwilson_2000
View Profile
New user
Germany
77 Posts

Profile of oldwilson_2000
I fully agree with Mr. Kjellstrom. If you don't like his style, then skip this topic. Concentrate instead on the great ideas and strong effects Ted has invented. After all, I doubt if anybody will perform these effects like Ted does, so why bother? Don't judge these tapes from a spectator's perspective. We are just no valid magic spectators anymore. Find out what you can use from these tapes as a *performer* and as *you*. I'm sure you will find enough strong material on these tapes to call them a bargain.

I have seen Ted Lesley perform last year, and I must say that it was kind of sad to watch this old man struggling with the props and failing to amaze anybody. He is not the entertaining performer he used to be. And this has nothing to do with German and English. However, I am glad he shares many of his great ideas on these tapes.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I love it ! Really great mentalism that anyone can use. You gotta build some stuff, but it's worth it Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ted Lesley's Cabaret Mentalism DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL