The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Market new patter to existing trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Any thoughts on marketing new patter or routine to existing trick? For example, over the years I've developed a unique story when using Hopping Halves. It's same trick sequence as what was in instructions from Johnson Coins, but, what I feel is a more engaging presentation.

Would it be worth trying to market for say 99 cent download?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
I'd probably just try and have it published in a magazine.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Or - just share it - many do.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Just my own opinion...
I do not think it worth while for only the patter. Yet, if we look at Ron Bauer's series of booklets, not only does he share a patter, he also adds nuances and why things are said or done. It is studies and observations like his that are more marketable, more than just a patter script.
AsadUllah
View Profile
New user
Pakistan
10 Posts

Profile of AsadUllah
Well it's actually a good idea, because some times old presentation style is not enough and it looks like a trick but bot magic.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
I think it would be a bit odd to market a new presentation on its own. People might feel ripped off if they "only" got a presentation for their money. Also how could you actually market it??? You would need to tell people something about the presentation in the marketing blurb! You couldn't make a demo video either, because that would by definition give away the presentation.

But this could be great as part of a collection of effects. Many great magicians have books/videos which include their interpretation of someone else's effect. Usually it is a changed handling, but I think it could just be a great new presentation.

The Invisible Deck is a great example of a new presentation that caught people's imagination. The deck itself strictly speaking is an Ultra Mental deck. Magicians came up with many plots in which a card is named, and then shown to be the only one reversed in the deck. Then someone came up with the Invisible Deck presentation. It became so popular that nowadays most people refer to the Ultra Mental deck as the Invisible Deck. And most people don't even think of using it for other effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Market new patter to existing trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL