The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings & a Challange to all (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

prodigitalmagic
View Profile
New user
West Olive Mi
48 Posts

Profile of prodigitalmagic
Hello, I'm Jason and I'm new here. I am a member of The International Brotherhood of Magicians. I have enjoyed magic since a small boy. I'm an adult now (32 to be exact) with kids of my own.

I encourage you to take on the following challange (it will change your life as well as the lives of others).
I am the Father of a 7 year old daughter
that has Leukemia (A Cancer Of The Blood) She was diagnosed at the age of 5 and is responding well to treatment. But I have seen many children that have not. I have spent many days and nights at the Devoss Childrens Hospital and watched Children suffer from many forms of cancer and birth defects.

While there, I have shown kids things that vanish and it makes them smile when they have no reason to, then sadly some of them vanish and I am left with their smile in my mind and I feel Good. Not all are this sad, some respond well to treatment like my daughter ( Angel..That is her real name).

So take this challange: Take your gift (your art of magic) and give a kid a smile when there is no reason to smile.
Give them hope that if things can vanish so can their illness. If things can change so can their life. You will be glad you did.

Thank you for your time..Jason Stevens IBM member of the Grand Rapids Mich. Ring 211
jcrai
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jcrai
Wow, you've inspired me.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Jason,

I loved your post and highly recommend you also post this in either Food for Thought or Little Darlings under the General Magic Forum. It's very inspirational and I thank you for sharing your story. I wish Angel the very best and can relate to your story.

Welcome to the Café and glad you decided to join us.

Chrystal
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Jason,
Welcome to our magical community, and thanks for reminding all of us how our magic can really work wonders. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Welcome Jason, and thanks for the thoughts. I used to be a member or IBM ring 211 as well when I was living in Kalamazoo. Have fun at the Café.
Where the magic begins
Boxav8r
View Profile
New user
New England
58 Posts

Profile of Boxav8r
Welcome, Jason!

I can second your challenge. My son has been a burn victim since he was five months old. He is now nine years, and goes through reconstructive surgery every year to 18 months. On occasions of going to the Shriners' Burns Institute in Boston, I often ran into the Shrine Clowns entertaining the children.

I was inspired and became a Shrine Clown myself about 3 1/2 years ago; "Jet-O". Going to the hospital and performing rather than just being a parent to one of the patients has been life-changing for me.

A long way of getting here from there: You'll be terrified to face those kids at first, but you'll walk away having gotten so much more from them than you can imagine.

God Bless,
Pete
Will anyone who believes in telekenesis please raise my hand?
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
I will accept your challenge at all chances I get. That is the true reward to our art.
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
wiseman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of wiseman
Respect to you Jason, that's all I can say.

// Dennis in Sweden
prodigitalmagic
View Profile
New user
West Olive Mi
48 Posts

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.
True magic begins with a child smile. God bless them all, and God bless you all.
Magbal8
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Magbal8
Wow, your story is amazing. I wish Angel and you the best of luck. Magic really is about the smiles! Smile
danedover
View Profile
New user
Central Arkansas
22 Posts

Profile of danedover
Jason,

Thanks for reminding us that Magic is more than just tricks. It really is an escape into another land if just for a moment. Thanks for your post.
rolfisberg
View Profile
New user
Sweden
5 Posts

Profile of rolfisberg
I do the same as you several times a year. I am also a member of IBM.
In Midsummer Eve I will do a show for handicapped children.
A special regard to your daughter from Sweden.

Rolf Isberg
Rolf Isberg
Sweden
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
I have never been to this area of the Café ever. It is in fact my first time here and I read something that moved me. I always thought and beleived that I could never perform magic for children {though I have one kid myself}. I am going to change my thinking from now on.
You inspired me Jason. And of course a Warm welcome to the Café and do enjoy yourself.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Jason-

What an inspirational introduction & great challenge for us entertainers

We tend to forget about the moment we can make someone smile & forget about all the problems

I accept your challenge & thanks for reminding me why I still love this art-cheers!!

-Brent
believer
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of believer
Way to give hope when hope is needed!
SonSHINE
View Profile
New user
Mesa, Az.
37 Posts

Profile of SonSHINE
Greeting's Jason,
Welcome to the Café.....You are an EXCELLENCE example of my signature quote... The pay is not much, But the retirement plan is out of this world { HEAVEN } God Bless... Smile Smile SonSHINE I.B.M. # 123
Quote:
You can only keep, That which you give away........
Holy Spirit
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jason, welcome and GOD speed your daughter to full recovery!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
prodigitalmagic
View Profile
New user
West Olive Mi
48 Posts

Thank you all for your kind words and as of yet my daughter is in full remission and has been for about 1 & 1/2 years. she still goes once a month for tests and stll does chemo therapy every day but she is strong. she is so excited about summer break. this will be her first summer since she was 5 that she can play outside and go swimming and play like a normal child. She amazes me.Again God bless you all and thank you for your encouragement. When I posted this message I had no Idea that it would touch this many lives.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings & a Challange to all (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL