The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WOW Money - **New Gimmick** by Lloyd Barnes & Masuda (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, dyoung wrote:
Pegasus, wasn't that just a playing card version? I don't understand your comment? I don't need luck, I have nothing to do with this...

All the best,
Dan

I mean good luck using a magic gimmick that has been exposed worldwide by a famous magician, card or cash.

Sadly, you make a very good point. I guess Masuda is probably on a percentage of every Dynamo kit sold. Good for the bank balance, not so good for the integrity of his invention.

That could cause some embarrassment with this new release:

"Here's my incredible new RFID wallet..."
"No, it isn't! That's the plastic thing out of my kids magic set!"
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Never once has it ever been mentioned whenever I have performed it .
You can say that about TT’s and many many gaffed decks .
It’s how you use this props that matters and typically kids who get them in magic kits never use them to their full potential .
Certainly Lee Smiths routine you would never even think it was the same gaff being deployed anyway .
It’s a great effect and if you dismiss it you may as well dismiss marked decks , sven decks and countless other effects .
Not to mention DL’s etc , of course it would be absurd to do so .
Most kids and parents don’t even know what half the stuff does in these magic kits anyway and it’s a 5 min wonder the second they have to actual practice something .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, pegasus wrote:

I mean good luck using a magic gimmick that has been exposed worldwide by a famous magician, card or cash.

Not sure it’s world-wide from the Dynamo set, maybe just the UK or possibly Europe too.
Dynamo is a virtual unknown in the USA among the general public so I don’t think his magic sets were sold here although I could be wrong about that. But no one knows Dynamo here so I don’t think his name would create many sales.
TBH, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dynamo perform and I’ve been into magic for decades. Possibly I may have seen him but I really don’t know what he looks like. I’ve only heard of him by seeing his name mentioned here on the Café.

But it may have been exposed in other magic kits marketed here but not in the sets I’ve seen or purchased, although that is admittedly not all that many.
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
I perform cups and balls, linking rings, and a paddle trick (Turbo Stick)...all of which can be found in most magic kits aimed at beginners/children.
Why don't I give a @#$% that people might call me out for using tricks from a magic kit they gave their kids for Christmas???
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Because they are great effects Rocky and nor should you give a @#$% regards Gaz 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, Rocky wrote:
I perform cups and balls, linking rings, and a paddle trick (Turbo Stick)...all of which can be found in most magic kits aimed at beginners/children.
Why don't I give a @#$% that people might call me out for using tricks from a magic kit they gave their kids for Christmas???

That’s absolutely fine, however, I do give a @&£# and always pay due diligence to ensure any effect I perform has not been part of a magic set or received 3000000 views on YouTube as a result of being easily searchable via keywords.

example - ‘magic trick card turned upside down’

We have slowly become immune to the massive exposure. Imagine this scenario 10 years ago.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, Rocky wrote:

And everyone in your audience knows they are magic props, not everyday items. If you genuinely tried to pass off your linking rings as "large bracelets" and your turbo stick as "my fancy new credit card" it might prompt some unwanted sniggering at the back.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes but they also know your chop cup is a prop and so what .
It’s about entertainment and most people of course don’t believe in real magic anyway .
Infact more people believe in Santa Claus than magic so I am sorry to spoil your illusion .
Great effects done well in an entertaining way is all that matters imo .
I watch the same films on several occasions , I know what’s going to happen but they are still very entertaining .
Linking rings all though not my thing are a classic of magic .
Have a great weekend Gaz 🙂
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes but they also know your chop cup is a prop and so what .

I'm in agreement with you. I've no idea why you keep replying as if I disagree.

They know it isn't real. They know it's a prop. Don't waste everyone's time trying to pretend it isn't a prop. Get on with Wowing them!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree Martin I didn’t mean it to sound directed at you so my apologies there Gaz 🙂
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Is the US dollar one the same size as the card WOW ones?

I ask because I imagine there will be some wear and tear carrying this around in your pocket. Would be nice if I could use the originals as backup/replacement cases.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
How come Wow Money doesn’t seem to be available anywhere now?
It was obviously available in 2019 which is when the last post is dated.
But if you Google it now you get nothing except a couple of old reviews.
Does anyone know what happened to it?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2023, AceOfJokers wrote:
How come Wow Money doesn’t seem to be available anywhere now?
It was obviously available in 2019 which is when the last post is dated.
But if you Google it now you get nothing except a couple of old reviews.
Does anyone know what happened to it?

I have insider knowledge but this is what happens to a lot of tricks. They are released and sell out over time and it is too expensive to remake as the profit margins aren’t there as a lot of people already have it

Not sure if that’s what happened here but this happens quite a lot
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
Thank you Craig, I guess you are right. What perplexes me is that almost every other playing card-based variation of Wow, including the original first version, is still available. Just not the money ones. But thanks anyway. I’ll keep looking.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WOW Money - **New Gimmick** by Lloyd Barnes & Masuda (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL