The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I am a new arrival (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
Looking forward to joining a community of people with whom I share a common interest. I am also a recent member of the S.A.M.

Is this subforum ONLY for introducing ourselves? Are there other subforums for asking newbie questions, discussing cardistry techniques, discussing professional magicians and/or shows we've seen that we've enjoyed or didn't enjoy etc?

EDIT: I quickly realized I did not scroll down nearly far enough - I found a lot of what I was looking for. The one thing I still don't see is a place to discuss professional magician shows, i.e. did we see David Copperfield and did we like it, Penn and Teller, various Got Talent show winners et al.

Thanks,
TheMetalMagician
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There are several forums that may fit what you are looking for.

Magicians of old is for discussing magicians and shows from the past
So Happy together might fit if you're looking to discuss upcoming events

Probably the best fit for what you are describing though would be Magic names in the media. This is where discussions about current magicians are conducted.
Where the magic begins
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
TheMetalMagician, welcome to the Magic Café forum.

The SAM is a great place to learn magic from magicians. I hope when you perform it's to heavy metal. I would love to see that.
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
TomB, I am still a beginner and am several months at LEAST away from being ready to start performing for people, but nonetheless, I will explain why I chose my name:

I am a metal fan going back to the 80s. I am also a business traveller who takes upwards of 20 trips per year.

There are two opportunities for practice audiences that I see that I feel are woefully untapped: One, people who are waiting for flights in airports, especially delayed flights. Especially families with bored kids. Why WOULDN'T they appreciate the chance to pass 5 or 10 minutes by watching a few magic tricks?

The other opportunity is people who get to concerts 6+ hours early. They seriously just stand there staring at their phones for hours. Again, why WOULDN'T they appreciate the opportunity to shorten their wait a little bit with some entertainment?

The latter is my long-term goal - perform for the people waiting in line to get into concerts. Once I get some experience performing known tricks I want to try to adapt tricks to a heavy metal theme and (most ambitiously) invent some never-seen-before street magic tricks with a metal theme.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome TheMetalMagician,

Working a line waiting IS fun but people are more involved in their phones than they used to be.

There may be a problem accessing airport wait areas unless you have a ticket.

Best of luck in finding a good venue.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I am a new arrival (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL