The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Simple routine for talent show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
Hey everyone,
I did a search and didn’t come up with any helpful results so I figured I would post and see what I get. I volunteered to juggle at an upcoming talent show for charity and I’m not sure how to structure a routine. I’d call myself a hobbyist: I can juggle scarves, bean bags, and clubs (and can handle a few tricks with each). Can anyone provide any recommendations for how to pull this off?
Thanks!
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
321 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
For what you are talking about you don't need much of a routine. Put your juggling to some good music and you're good to go, just make sure there is a good sound system and have someone who knows how to use it.
I have done this and it goes over well. Also have seen a number of pros who have no spoken routine, this is what they do as well.
Good luck!
nyborn
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of nyborn
Just bring those hatchets and torches.😉
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you need some good juggling jokes and juggling bits of business to fill out your routines, check out the Wiz Kid's "Jokes For Jugglers" - http://wizkidzinc.com/DVDs/DVDs.htm
Lucky7
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Lucky7
A little bit late reaction but may be for others who are seeking the same thing.

Here are some tips

- I find it helpful to divide the act in different sequences
- Every sequence should have a beginning and ending (for example start with kicking up one ball with your foot, end with 3 balls in one hand after a shower)
- After the ending wait for applaus and look to the audience !
- and progress in difficulty

This are simple tips but a lot of beginners do it wrong.

Regards
Kristof
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Simple routine for talent show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL