The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Realist by Greg Rostami (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Realist is an app which allows you to force or predict selected item among a list, it has unique input and pairing methods which set Realist apart from other apps, you can perform it without even touching the spectator phone. The categories and lists are completely customizable, also you can add your own lists. The beauty of the Realist that it is using the spectator phone, just they visit website called Google Statistics and you are set.

Cons

- Be careful not perform this effect to technical savvy people, because if they do little research, they will find some discrepancy.

Pros

- Very easy to perform, the video tutorial covers everything you need to know in easy steps.
- It has a practice page to make you familiar with the input method.
- The magic happens in the spectator phone without installing any additional app in his/her phone.
- In one method you don't need to touch the spectator's phone.
- If you choose not to use your phone you can do the dirty work under the spectator's nose, without they spot anything unusual. The input method using the spectator phone is genius and completely justified, all actions are natural and motivated.
- You have many categories to choose from and you can customize them or create your own lists and categories.
- Lists can be shared between users.
- The lists have a feature to pull items images from Wikipedia automatically which is big time saver.
- The pairing method is genius and very easy.
- The reset is instant.
- You can perform it for more than one spectator in the same time and all they will see the same predicted item in their phones.

Conclusion

Very much thinking put into this app, IMHO it is the most advanced app Greg ever created. I hope Inject 3 will borrow the ease of use of this app. If you are fan of DFB, this app will add another dimension to your effect by using the spectator own phone. If you like what you saw in the performance videos you will not get disappointed, Realist will play same in real life. If you want easy powerful app get Realist. I highly recommend Realist for all mentalists/magicians who want to incorporate technology in their routines.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Wow Many,

Thank you very much for that awesome review.

You are correct ... Inject 3 WILL borrow ideas from ReaList (in fact they will work with one another).

All the best,
Greg Rostami
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Excellent!
I think Inject 3 will be a masterpiece , I can't wait to see Inject 3!
Regards
Najeeb
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
For those who own inject 2.5, will there be an upgrade path to 3.0?
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Update:
I'm on Android, Realist stopped working on Android for some users!
Since March I can't use it.
Very clever app but it is unusable for me!
I know also DFB stopped getting updates on Android!
This will raise a doubt about all the magic apps' support continuity. We expect with every major OS upgrade that some apps will stop working unless they get updated by the developers.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Najeeb,

I haven't heard of anything not working with ReaList on Android.

Everything on our end is fully functional.

Please PM me here on the Café, or email me at:
grostami@gmail.com

This way I'll be able to help you resolve whatever problem you may be having.

talk to you soon,
Greg Rostami
thekunal
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of thekunal
I have purchased realist from Google Play Store but I am unable to login to the app since last one year. I have sent several mails to Greg Rostami and also tried to reach him over the facebook messanger and the realist group , but unfortunately my request to solve this issue has not been solved till date. So I am requesting Greg Rostami to look into this matter on priority or please refund the amount I paid for the app if he is not willing to solve it.
thekunal
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of thekunal
Thank you Greg, for helping me fix the ongoing issue. And taking the initiative to help me. My issue has been resolved and I must admit that Mr. Rostami is truly a gentleman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Realist by Greg Rostami (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL