The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SERVANTE by Shin Lim (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Shin Lim has completely redesigned the Servante from the ground up. This version is thin, light weight, portable and extremely durable. Includes two pockets making this the ultimate secret assistant to help you ditch, steal, switch or retract items. This is the exact unit he uses in all of his close-up and stage shows, worldwide. Use sitting or standing.

See it here: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63744

Available now at your favorite Murphy's Magic retailer.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks great. I getting one.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I'll be picking this up given that my current servante does not pack flat. Mine is based off of Tom Stone's design, but with a couple of small dollar store baskets used to shape it out. Should take about a couple weeks to get to me. Will report back.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Would this work for a street table.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
Would this work for a street table.

If your street table consists of a jackstand of some kind and a table top, from the video it looks like it will work. I would want to attach it to the bottom of the table top somehow.

I decided to hold off my purchase due to the big "SL" on it. Most spectators should not be able to see it, but it still bothers me. I'll probably end up getting it in the future and blacking it out or covering it somehow, but just not right now.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I agree there should be no letters on a servante. Just mark them off with a black permanent marker or black spray paint. I like the idea someone had about attaching it to the bottom of the table. Better just attach a cloth servante to the tablecloth and use velcro to attach the tablecloth to the table top.

But this is a smart idea. YOu can carry your stuff with you and perform on a table where you are going.
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
The design of this is really nice, however the size of the area that a pad sits on is smaller than the normal close up pads available. Does anyone know where a close up mat measuring 8 1/2 by 11 1/2 can be purchased? This is the size of the area that it rests on.

Arthur
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2019, Martello wrote:
The design of this is really nice, however the size of the area that a pad sits on is smaller than the normal close up pads available. Does anyone know where a close up mat measuring 8 1/2 by 11 1/2 can be purchased? This is the size of the area that it rests on.

Arthur

Talk with Pattrick, I believe he may custom size.
https://www.pattricksmagic.com/magical-mats
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2019, Martello wrote:

Arthur

Talk with Pattrick, I believe he may custom size.
https://www.pattricksmagic.com/magical-mats

Thanks for that link. I will try Patrick

Arthur
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
If you have larger ones just cut one of those to fit.
Seems awfully small though.
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2019, videoman wrote:
If you have larger ones just cut one of those to fit.
Seems awfully small though.

I decided that it is way too small to fit the mat to the servant and will use a larger mat that slips under the servant. I was concerned that the servant would stick up through the mat and interfere with anything done on it, but if the mat is thick enough, this should not be a problem. Thanks for your help.

Arthur
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Does anyone know why the servante Shin sells is different in comparison to the one he used in the Dream Act tutorial, particularly since it's missing one of the side pockets entirely. This eliminates the possibility to do the second deck switch as Shin teaches it in the aforementioned tutorial. Not to mention that the one side pocket left with this version is as large as the main ditching pocket.

I just don't understand how this is an improvement considering the one Shin's been using for his Dream Act.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SERVANTE by Shin Lim (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL