The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Are any Tenyo effects good for hopping? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

omagico
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of omagico
I have some, but I'm trying to manage pocket space and impact. Some of their stuff isn't good at all in table hopping.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I love Tenyo tricks but I don't know of any that would work when I'm table-hopping.
There are practical problems like resetting and small parts but the big problem is they are obviously clever props that do the magic for you.

Fun to collect and show off at home but not at all professional props.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Tenyos Ghost Camera ! (T-266)

This is one of the strongest tricks in my walkaround set. It literally packs flat, and plays big! And it instant resets!

https://www.ebay.com/i/151977034150?chn=......QAvD_BwE
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Fun to collect and show off at home but not at all professional props.

Indeed.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Parabox is the first one that comes to mind.
J Burke Whittaker
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of J Burke Whittaker
If you can make them entertaining of course you could use them. There are other pieces of plastic that do far less on their own, Vernet, Sanada, etc, on the market people use all the time because of what YOU can do with them. It is not the prop but what you do with it.
Avocat
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Other than Tenyo Elite products, Tenyo tricks LOOK like gimmicks

Many of the effects the products perform are very good, but they all look like the prop is doing the effect, not the magician

This is one reason I suspect magicians don't get the respect accorded to comedians, singers, musicians and other performing arts professionals, i.e., so much of what we do looks like something anyone could do given the same props.

Now this is also true of the Tenyo Elite products, but at least those products don't look mass-produced. And because the props are elegant and simple, the effects don't look quite so much like the props doing all the magic
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
People don't care about props...they care about being entertained! If this prop theory was spot on, stage magicians would have been out of business a long time ago.

A good performer can make a $5.00 Ball and Vase a miracle. When an audience is focusing on the props instead of the performance maybe the magician needs to work harder at presentation.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2019, spatrick wrote:
Tenyos Ghost Camera ! (T-266)

This is one of the strongest tricks in my walkaround set. It literally packs flat, and plays big! And it instant resets!

I purchased this when I worked at Dave's Killer Magic Shop...I used to take it to gigs, but never performed it. Then one night I decided to close a quick card set with it. The *** thing gets GREAT reactions!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I’ve had great success with Invisible Zone in close up situations. And I have a routine for it that justifies its toyish look. Always gets great reactions!
Unfortunately they discontinued it.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
I like the Zig-Zag Cigarette trick. I've replaced the cigarette with a Crayon. Always gets strong reactions.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
Learn a double lift and leave the teeny tricks on the shelf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Are any Tenyo effects good for hopping? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL