The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Alice in Wonderland Book Test by Luke Jonas (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
44 Posts

Profile of judagar
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, judagar wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YL-9Yibt5Q

Michael O'Brien review

not the same book.
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I am a book test guy, so I stepped up and bought this book.

I don't like that you have to know the page number to do the first work on the page reveal. It makes this part of the routine come off as a memory feat (which it is), rather than a mentalism feat. With that said, a work around is to use your favorite peek method to garner the written down page number. The small issue with the work around is that there is not a word on every single page. Also, the first words may not be the one that you memorized, but a version of it. For instance, the word on the list is "Friends", but on one page it is "Friendly" You stud mentalists can surely overcome this, but I found it disappointing. Also, if you do this as a memory test, besides the words, you also have to do some basic math in your head.

The drawing duplication / reveal is awesome, and probably what I will use this for. It is a hands off with both drawing and color reveal.

The ability to have a spectator count to a specific line or paragraph and think of a word (not any word, but it doesn't rely on position in the sentence) is very cool and I am learning it. Again, there is memory work here, but it is not bad. This part exists in two parts of the book. The first part of this principle relies on dumb luck, the second on a page f**ce.

The book also utilizes 1089. To me, I think this is one of the most convoluted f**ces on the planet. Don't know how anyone gets away with this. Not using it.

The last "Bonus" routine is a visual word that exists on multiple pages. This requires a f**ce. Luke describes a good force that requires multiple spectators. As an amateur, this one is out unless I am at a party (like that's ever going to happen.).

If you like book tests, you could do worse. I also have the Zandman Alice book test. The Jonas book test looks more like an authentic children's book than the Zandman, which looks like a dime store novel.
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Thank you for your honest feedback.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Hi guys!

A little late to the party but I chat about this here! 🤗🤗🤗

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Alice in Wonderland Book Test by Luke Jonas (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL