The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Review: Shidu SD-S28, a tiny amp with wireless headset,etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I had the need for a tiny amp since my usual setup is really for the biggest venues I perform in. So I went shopping on Wish and this is what I found for working small rooms.

The Shidu SD-S28 is a tiny amp that fits in the palm of your hand. It has 25 watts peak power, Bluetooth connectivity, a TF card slot, aux input, mike input, UHF receiver for the included headset. Both the headset and the amp have built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. You can play music and use the microphone at the same time. I wanted something I could put in a tote and bring with some of my other support gear - it takes up little room. The transmitter is on the headset and weighs virtually nothing. The headset controls are easy to access.

The downsides are that it can sound tinny at maximum volume, but this seemed to disappear when the guests arrived. There is no line out jack, so it's not suitable for use with a larger system. The headset is omnidirectional, but I had no feedback at 5 feet from the side of the amp.

I like it. It's something that I can set out in a few seconds if the room gets a little loud. I may add a multichannel unidirectional headset, in case I encounter interference. At $57 shipped, it's hard to go wrong.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
This certainly replaces the Honeytone and small Pignose amps of days gone by.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Review: Shidu SD-S28, a tiny amp with wireless headset,etc. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL