The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NoKey by Fraser Parker (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
The point?

What is this effect at it's core? It's a "You pick a card and I find it trick". Plain and simple. The conditions really aren't that great and there's no dramatic build up or anything to this. The point is, the price of this thing is not justified when there are very similar effects in old books - that do job the better, and for a heck of a lot less. The other point is that reading old books is an asset because it helps ensure one isn't releasing inferior versions of old stuff. But for those who may be newer to the art and who constantly need the latest thing, knock yourself out.

How hard is that to understand?
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
This is very good.

The conditions for this effect are unmatched in the history of magic and card magic specifically: spectator shuffles a deck of cards, looks at bottom card, and shuffles again. Magician names card. Deck is normal. Cards are normal. Magician never watches the spectator. Magician doesn't take the deck back. The deck is not a mem deck or stacked deck.

Unless unconclusively proven otherwise, a method to achieve such a thing has never been published. This is the ultimate challenge condition method to achieve such a thing.

In regards to the video, I see no point in criticizing the performance. It's just a bare bones performance to show the possibilities and applications of the method. Nothing else. It is not supposed to be a full emotional meaningful presentation. That is left to the purchaser.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2020, Maxyedid wrote:
This is very good.

The conditions for this effect are unmatched in the history of magic and card magic specifically: spectator shuffles a deck of cards, looks at bottom card, and shuffles again. Magician names card. Deck is normal. Cards are normal. Magician never watches the spectator. Magician doesn't take the deck back. The deck is not a mem deck or stacked deck.

Unless unconclusively proven otherwise, a method to achieve such a thing has never been published. This is the ultimate challenge condition method to achieve such a thing.

In regards to the video, I see no point in criticizing the performance. It's just a bare bones performance to show the possibilities and applications of the method. Nothing else. It is not supposed to be a full emotional meaningful presentation. That is left to the purchaser.

According to the description, the magician does take the deck back to pull their card out.
Take a look at spread, shuffle, spread in the book I mentioned above. The application is not identical but the principle is similar and it could certainly be performed to meet your requirements (given that in both cases the deck IS taken back by the magician at some stage). I like the way this new effect is presented, but I don’t think the hyperbole about “unmatched in the history of magic” is necessarily earned. Just my 2c though.
John7
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of John7
Spread, shuffle, spread - great Martin Gardner trick but the card is taken out of the deck by the spectator and moved to a different place in the deck while the magician has his back turned, then the deck is shuffled, then the magician finds the card. In this trick the card isn't moved.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2020, Maxyedid wrote:
This is very good.

Are you saying there's no stack here? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Or are you differentiating between a set-up and a stack?

"spectator shuffles a deck of cards," You tell them what type of shuffle to do and exactly how you want them to do that shuffle. That takes away some from the fact that they shuffle it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NoKey by Fraser Parker (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL