The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Replica Morgan gimmicks (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Anyone get the replica Morgan gimmicks from Tom Ladshaw? He has the regular shell, flipper, etc but also a split coin. Curious as to your impressions!
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Benjie, after I saw your post, I look up tom Ladshaw, I did no know him, and placed an order for a Four in one Moran gimmick (they are replicas) and a half dollar Luohanquian shell and coin.

4 in 1: These are not shells made of expanding coins but rather manufacturer shells of larger diameters. Hence the coverage is perfect 95% or more when they are nested and the faces are perfect, So I am very happy with this gimmick

Chinese coin: Beautiful coin with almost 100% coverage by the shell, also very happy

Tom, communication and service was top notch. I will use him again in the future.

Pablo
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Ain’t nothing like the real thing , love my real silver coins and gaffs .
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I looked at his Morgan and Chinese Coin gaffs on his site. All are exactly available on eBay from China and his prices naturally reflect the Chinese prices + marked up to resell. Based on that, his prices are reasonable. eBay Coins: If you are willing to wait 3-6 weeks for the free shipping direct from China you can save money; otherwise you can likely get them quicker from Tom for more money.
So, depends what you want: Cheap or Faster. But you can’t get both! LOL

Blessings
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, benjie84 wrote:
Anyone get the replica Morgan gimmicks from Tom Ladshaw? He has the regular shell, flipper, etc but also a split coin. Curious as to your impressions!

I just took a look at the site.
With the exception of the steel core coin, the Morgan replicas are very poor attempts to look like an actual Morgan dollar.
If you're on a really tight budget, they'll probably get the job done, but be sure that _all_ of your replicas are the same cheap variety or they won't look right next to each other.
Even then, anyone familiar with real Morgans (admittedly not many but there are coin collectors out there) will immediately spot them as fake.
chrom
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of chrom
I also think it is worth noting that there are multiple versions of 'replica' morgans. I have a few that unless you used bleach you would have no way of knowing they were not real silver. The weight, ping test etc is all very close and they are non magnetic. I have two sets from Ronald Davies (another plug great guy) and I have to keep track of the dates to know one from the other. Mind you I am not a coin expert with a microscope but neither is most of this board Smile

Shane
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Thoughts on these?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Replica Morgan gimmicks (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL