The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Tube by Jon Allen (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
What is it?:
Cube Tube is an ingenious storage and display item for your Rubik's Cubes. It will store two cubes inside and becomes a raised platform and cover for a single cube in any 'matching cubes' routine.

Built-in feature works with Venom Cube by Henry Harrius as well as Rubicon by Gregory Wilson that allows you to visibly mix the cube in front of people. Also works with Rubik's Dream by Henry Harrius.

Whatever Rubik's Cube routine you do, whether using physical gimmicks or other methods, Cube Tube is a high-end valued item that enhances the look and feel of your routine.

"Cube Tube is an ingenious design for cube storage and elegant display in one item. Adding the features that work with Venom Cube & Rubik's Dram is a master stroke. I love it!" - Henry Harrius

---------------------

What I think:

This is a great utility/display item for a Rubik's cube routine (I purchased it for use with Venom cube).

The Tube has been very cleverly crafted and as it states in the blurb above can be used for a number of different cube routines.

As the tube is made from acrylic it has a shiny gloss finish which looks great on stage but would also look classy for close-up routines too.

I purchased this directly from Jon as I'm on his mailing list and I really liked the idea of being able to perform Venom cube starting out with both cubes solved before going into the routine. The tube also provides the ideal justification at the prime moment which just works so well.

The tube allows you to store 2 cubes for transport and everything fits together just perfect.

If you perfom venom cube or any other 2 cube routines, I don't think you'll be dissappointed with this item.

The shipping box is super cool too!
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
This was shown on the PropDog Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqc_RoqTyM

I've been avoiding Rubik's cube magic until now, I was blown away by this.The tube makes all the difference to the routine.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Still haven’t fully understood what it does? Is it a switching device - or? Not totally clear to me, yet.

Jan
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
This was shown on the PropDog Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqc_RoqTyM

I've been avoiding Rubik's cube magic until now, I was blown away by this.The tube makes all the difference to the routine.

Can you please expand on why this makes all the difference to the routine? I to am still wondering what this contributes besides using it as a raised platform.

Thanks!
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I do not own this but it is my understanding that it’s biggest feature is that the tube can secretly add gimmicks to a cube.
So you could toss out one cube to be mixed while you visibly mix a second cube. Your cube is then covered with the tube so it can’t be seen and cannot possibly influence the spectator mixing their cube.

By covering your cube the tube can secretly add the Venom gimmick or Rubicon gimmick to your cube to then do a cube matching routine for instance.
This allows you to visibly mix both cubes initially which is nice. It can also be used with Rubiks Dream.

Plus, it can also hold both cubes and be used to display a cube by setting it on the tube which acts as a raised platform.

So this tube is in no way necessary for any cube routine but is only an accessory which can be used to further enhance a routine. Whether you feel it is necessary is up to each performer.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ah, makes sense. Thanks! IMO, for a display it would be nice but for adding the necessary gimmicks I feel the old saying "why run when not being chased" applies. In performing Venom cube and Rubicon I just do what Gregory Wilson does, "mix" the cube behind my back which never has been questioned. I feel that using the tube will raise suspicion with the audience that something happened to make the cubes match when you placed the tube over the cube you just mixed. Of course my opinion. I'm sure others will feel differently which is totally fine!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with you RNK.
Although when I used to perform Rubicon I modified my gimmick so it could fold flat and fit easily in my back pants pocket. This way I could turn sides of the cube a bit before putting it behind my back for mixing out of sight and secretly add the gimmick.
But I have switched to Venom cube now so no longer can do that extra convincer.
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
...and with cubetube you can add this convincer again. beside that a clever handling while uncovering the hidden cube-prediction let you do the first "transfer" in a clean way before comparing starts.

i took it from jon at blackpool (was his last one) and his fluently handling convinced me to take it, even I m a cube-smith-guy now... ;-)
when you own venom-cube it is definitely making it a grade better!

Quote:
On Mar 18, 2020, videoman wrote:
I agree with you RNK.
Although when I used to perform Rubicon I modified my gimmick so it could fold flat and fit easily in my back pants pocket. This way I could turn sides of the cube a bit before putting it behind my back for mixing out of sight and secretly add the gimmick.
But I have switched to Venom cube now so no longer can do that extra convincer.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
You may be right Christian,and had I watched Jon demo it at Blackpool I probably would have bought one also.
I just need to see a video first before I could seriously consider it.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest in Cube Tube.

You can see the trailer here: https://vimeo.com/394496150

In the Propdog review, as someone who performs Venom Cube Jason expands on why he likes it so much and why he will be buying a second one.

Any questions, I'm happy to answer them. I have plenty of time on my hands...

Thanks,
Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Tube by Jon Allen (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL